cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add on

Caulfeild1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added $20 to my account from my credit card on file and tried to purchase the 10 day talk and text option. I did not receive confirmation and the $20 is still in my account. What is happening?!!

16 REPLIES 16

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

OK thanks. I'm off to the US now so will check when I arrive if I have the roaming plan. The add on system leaves a lot to be desired. It's taken me about 30 minutes to figure this out!!

It's actually not.  Since Public Mobile is strictly a Prepaid Pay Before service you need to have available funds in your account to be able to purchase the add on.   First you add money to your account and then you go back and purchase the add on.

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

OK thanks. I'm off to the US now so will check when I arrive if I have the roaming plan. The add on system leaves a lot to be desired. It's taken me about 30 minutes to figure this out!!

@Caulfeild1  Maybe try dialing 611 from your phone to check your balance. Could be that the selfserve pages are messed up on your device.

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

Enjoy your trip. Make sure you understand how to enable your data once you arrive and connect to an available network. T mobile and at&T I believe .

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

Make sure Roaming is enabled...you might have to manually select either of T-Mobile or AT&T once you're in US.

Caulfeild1

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

OK. tried it again and purchased the $20 add on, but my account balance is still $20!

If it appears in your overview page it should be active and ready to go. Why the $20 is still in your account as a balance could be a glitch. Use your add on and check back tomorrow to see if it remains there.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

I've done all that but my account balance is still $20

That is strange.  Maybe the transaction did not go through?  If I remember right, at the bottom of the Add-ons page it says something like, "any add-on purchase will be deducted immediately from your available funds". If the the $20 added to available funds is still there, then try purchasing again?  I don't think you'll double your purchase anyway, if you only have $20 in available funds.

Now you should log in My Account / Purchase Add-ons...make your selection. Be aware the add-on is only good for 10 days...if you buy it tonight, that'll count as 1 day.

Caulfeild1

OK. tried it again and purchased the $20 add on, but my account balance is still $20!

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  ,I think you meant to tag someone else in post above.

Yes corrected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

Done all what? It seems you haven't done the next step of actually buying the add-on since the money is still in your Available Funds.

Caulfeild1

Stay Safe!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Are you currently in the US or about to leave today? Adding this add on once purchased it begins right away....so don't purchase unless you are on your way of already there. If repurchasing to extend  it you do have to wait as @hairbag1 states and read @Jb456  link. Use WiFi and free calling/ text apps like fongo or messenger to bridge the gap til you can repurchase.

Stay Safe!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You added the $$ to Available Funds...now go back and actually buy the add-on you want.

If you already have the add-on, you won't be able to re-up for a few days after the original expires.

Need Help? Let's chat.