cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US plan

Ajd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I go to the US for the winter.    The US plan for $60. ..  Can you call Canada from the US as well as US from Canada .. in anything I have read it talks about calling the US, not calling Canada from the US 

when I switch back to a Canada only plan in the spring ...do I lose my rewards?   

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

You can find answers to all the questions and more by reading our articles.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chad2001 wrote:

How do I get this $60 US plan?  Is it no longer offered?

The only way to get the $60 plan that incldudes U.S. roaming would be to take it over from someone who no longer wants it.

Don't forget, they will have to want to give up their phone number too. Not impossible to find, but very "needle in haystack" like.

@chad2001 wrote:

The only way to get the $60 plan that incldudes U.S. roaming would be to take it over from someone who no longer wants it.

@chad2001 wrote:

It's not offered any longer. You can still get the 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data Add-on for $20...but it's limited to only 10 days. You can renew it after 10 days but you usually have to wait 24 hours after it's expired.

For extended trips to US...say for the winter months...it's probably cheapest to get a local sim card and a cheap plan. Alternative is to use a free voip app like TextNow. You can call / text for free while is Canada or USA as long as you have wifi. These days seems like wifi is everywhere. There's other voip apps to consider...I've used TextNow and am happy with it.

lukevader

@chad2001 wrote:

It's long gone. Deals like this don't stick around so people can just jump on and off of them when they need it. 

Ajd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought mine the day before the plan was discontinued. 

chad2001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

tehowennathe

Works well calling Canada from the US. It's good to keep this even after your back in spring. If you happen to make short trips now and then it really saves on having to buy an add on. Not only does it work in Continental US, it also includes Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands. Yes that includes British Virgin Islands. Not sure why British islands are included but according to PM coverage map it's covered. It well worth it to keep it. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can call US and Canada. There are some area codes that are excluded.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ajd  hello yes you can call from either country and no rewards will not be affected if you switch plans have a great trip!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ajd wrote:

I go to the US for the winter.    The US plan for $60. ..  Can you call Canada from the US as well as US from Canada .. in anything I have read it talks about calling the US, not calling Canada from the US 

when I switch back to a Canada only plan in the spring ...do I lose my rewards?   

That $60 plan is like an entire North America-wide plan. (not Mexico for that definitiion 🙂 )

Changing to different plans does not affect your rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.