cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US addons

susellin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a US text roaming addon. Can I use my public mobile data or do I need to purchase US roaming data as well?

5 REPLIES 5

cmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need purchase USA data addon as well.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@susellin...

your regular plan talk/text/data will only work whilst in Canada. If you're going to USA, you'd need to get one of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons for use while in USA.

If you're going for more than 10 days, consider getting a US sim and a cheap talk/text/data plan.

Alternative is to make use of free US wifi in most restaurants, cafe's and resorts....Walmart even has free wifi there.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@susellin 

If you are needing data while you're physically in the USA, you'll need a US data roaming add-on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@susellin wrote:

I bought a US text roaming addon. Can I use my public mobile data or do I need to purchase US roaming data as well?

@susellin 

Just be sure only to use any type of ROAMING addons when in the USA. And once they are purchased is when the time starts ticking - ROAMING addons last 10 days only.

Other addons are different, like the USA 1000 minutes calling addon, (made while YOU are anywhere in Canada).

These types of addons will stay on your account until fully consumed.

@susellin wrote:

You'll need to purchase a roaming add-on that includes data (unless you have an old $60 plan that incldued U.S. roaming data).

Need Help? Let's chat.