cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Talk and Text Add-on not working

scottmac13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Moderator_Team I purchased a US Talk and Text plan.  It shows up in my Add-ons.  I am the AT&T network (on my iPhone), but I am only able to text with my son who is on Public mobile (and he is on andriod) as well.  I cannot text with my daughter who is on Bell, and has an iPhone.

11 REPLIES 11

scottmac13

Did it work at any point then just stop working?

You have double-checked that the Add-on appears in your list of Add-ons ? 

Have you tried restarting your phone? 

jhamidi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi plese help me ,my phone is LG4, i cant use talk or text,plese somone help

thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@scottmac13 yes, that conversation should now show as a green bubble instead of blue (or is it the other way around? -- I don't have any iDevices so I'm going by memory).  If you want to do blue-bubble chats while in the USA, you'll need to also get a US Roaming Data add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

scottmac13

Thank you !  Turning off iMessage did the trick.  Very much appreciated !

scottmac13

Turning off iMessage did the trick.  Thank you ! and Thanks to everyone who helped get this sorted out !

scottmac13

Yes I rebooted, yes I purchased the US text and talk add-on.  I am able to text iPhone <-> Android, but not iPhone <-> iPhone.  I have disabled iMessage and trying to text iPhone... will let you know if that works.

scottmac13

yes rebooted, no change.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try turning your data on (you won't be charge for it), iPhones often try and message other iPhones with iMessage by default, which often needs a data connection.

mimmo

have you tried disabling imessages?  if you only have talk and text then you have no data and i think between iphones they default to data messaging.

I am not an iphone expert, @CalgaryBen  or @Luddite  are you able to add some more specifics? or if i am in the right direction of the problem?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@scottmac13

Did you reboot your phone while in the States?  Are you able to talk with others?  

Did you purchase data add on?  With imessage, you need Wifi or Data to iMessage other iphones.  If you do not have data in the states, you can turn off imessage in your settings and just use SMS texts. 

popping

@scottmac13 wrote:

@Moderator_Team I purchased a US Talk and Text plan.  It shows up in my Add-ons.  I am the AT&T network (on my iPhone), but I am only able to text with my son who is on Public mobile (and he is on andriod) as well.  I cannot text with my daughter who is on Bell, and has an iPhone.

Did your restart you phone after arrived at your US destination?

Need Help? Let's chat.