cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming setup

orahman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The setup instructions advise to enable "data roaming" on your android phone in order to make sure that your USA roaming works properly once you arrive in the states. Why do I need to enable "data" roaming if I'm only purchasing the talk plan? Should'nt I be disabling data roaming so that I dont get charged for data ? Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@orahman 

PM does not have pay-per-use.  Don't worry about extra charge.  If you don't pay for roaming data, you data will not work even you have data roaming enabled. 

While you are in USA, you will continue to receive incoming text message.  With the roaming data turned on, you may be able to receive picture MMS.  I am not sure about this.  Anyone had received picture MMS without data roaming add-on?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@orahman wrote:

The setup instructions advise to enable "data roaming" on your android phone in order to make sure that your USA roaming works properly once you arrive in the states. Why do I need to enable "data" roaming if I'm only purchasing the talk plan? Should'nt I be disabling data roaming so that I dont get charged for data ? Please advise.

The 10 Day US Roaming Talk add-on doesn't need raoming...but as advised, no need to shut it off as you will not be billed anything extra. There's no roaming fees or overages here...if you don't prepay...it won't work.

Make sure you have sufficient $$ in Available Funds, then select the US talk package that you want. The 10 Days start as soon as you buy it, so if you buy at 10pm...thats day 1.

On some phones you need to manually select either of AT&T ot T-mobile, whichever works best for you once you're in US.

Safe travels.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@orahman  You are correct but because PM is strictly a prepaid you will never get charged roaming fees so it would not hurt to keep it on and if by chance data works when you are down there then it's free. Smiley Happy

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@orahmanSince everything is prepaid. It doesn't matter because if you don't pay for data roaming you won't get data anyways.

Need Help? Let's chat.