cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Package

RichardKCLing
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello everyone.  When I get US Roaming for voice text and data for $20, can I add additional data to this?  Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

RichardKCLing

If I read this correctly, I can buy additional add-on for data when I run out when traveling in the states.  Let's say I get the basic with 250 MB.  Will I get a message from PM bots saying that I run out and click on to add?  Or do I have to monitor myself?  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 wrote:

Can we just break this down for clarity

I buy the $20 talk/text/250mb data US Roaming add-on. 

On day 5 I run out of data, what are my options.

On day 10 I want to continue another round of talk/text/data. What happens to day5 purchase?

I thought will13am described it well.

Your options at day 5 seem to be buy the data only add-on.

What seems to happen at day 10 is your day 5 purchase keeps going and you re-up the talk/text/data.

Presumably (assuming any kind of consistency with plans) then the data bucket of the talk/text/data would begin again and your other add-on stays alive until it's needed again or its 10 days are up when it expires.

Certainly it can get messy.

@smp99 wrote:

On day 10 I want to continue another round of talk/text/data. What happens to day5 purchase?

Deleted

As will said on the previous page and z01user4 highlited below.

Thanks z10user4

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

RichardKCLing

Thank  you Will13am

@RichardKCLing wrote:

But the add on is on top of my quarterly quota right? Thanks.

The US usage which can only be purchased as an add-on is separate from the included plan usage.  Plan usage is for use while in Canada when connected to Public Mobile. 

RichardKCLing

But the add on is on top of my quarterly quota right? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

2. I need more than 1GB of data while roaming. What do I do?

Not a problem. You can buy more than one U.S. Roaming Data Add-On if you find you need more data.

Wow. Nice find. I was gonna say no from a quick search around but maybe those guys were wrong. Either that or the service changed and that announcement is in error. I didn't read further.

RichardKCLing

Good point re: legacy.  I am not sure what my status is. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RichardKCLing, you need to be careful when buying US add-ons.  While you can buy multiple, you cannot buy the same one twice until the first purchase expires.  Also, the add-on clock starts immediate.  There is no way to add a time delay.  Multiple add-ons can be running concurrently, not consecutively. 

RichardKCLing

Thank you very much!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RichardKCLing wrote:

Hello everyone.  When I get US Roaming for voice text and data for $20, can I add additional data to this?  Thanks.

YES as per official PM employees. (As long as you are not a legacy customer on one of the really old $19 plans) See this

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

You can choose an Add-On with just one of the services or a combination.

2. I need more than 1GB of data while roaming. What do I do?

Not a problem. You can buy more than one U.S. Roaming Data Add-On if you find you need more data.

I am a Legacy customer on a $19 plan and, when I try to add the U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, I get an error message.

Legacy customers on the $19 plan are not eligible for U.S. Roaming Add-Ons. To take advantage of the roaming options, you will need to change your plan

Need Help? Let's chat.