cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT. Need PUK Code now, no response from moderators which is my only option

rastafari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edit: Issues solved by getting code from samsung, thanks for the help everyone, greatly appreciate it!

Hey guys, very excited to be with public mobile, however I am habing issues. I ported my phone number from virgin, now the PM SIM needed a 4 digit code which I thought was the one I created when I signed up for PM, nope its not. After 3 incorrect tries, it now needs a PUK code.

I called my old provider and they gave me a code which is wrong and I now know I need it from PM. I messaged them twice and no response. I am already paying for this service but cant actually use it or get help to fix this? Its honestly so unfair and makes me angry.

The worst part is I need to message and receive messages. Critically important for my job, I am unable to do so right now. What the hell can I do, I hate to be impatient but I cannot go without the ability to text or I may put my job in danger.

Any help appreciated thank you

17 REPLIES 17

badazitan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for this! I was having the same problem and Samsung had the right codes - I've been beating my head against the wall for over a day with this!

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wonderful that Samsung was able to resolve this for you. Great results thanks for sharing 🙂

Sometimes going through the manufacture is faster.

Glad its fixed sooner than other method. Smiley Happy

muskokaoutdoors

Great to hear!

@rastafari wrote:

Thank you! Calling samsung solved the issue, thank you so much!

Glad you had success, welcome and enjoy!

rastafari

Thank you! Calling samsung solved the issue, thank you so much!

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@muskokaoutdoors wrote:

Long shot - but I just ported from Virgin mobile two days ago and had same issue. My phone was a Samsung S6. The unlock codes Virgin did not work for me - despite their efforts. What did work  - was Web chatting with Samsung rep and they gave me the codes I needed.

Yeah, I had the same experience with my Samsung S7 - these are the messages/prompts I was shown and what they meant:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

muskokaoutdoors

Long shot - but I just ported from Virgin mobile two days ago and had same issue. My phone was a Samsung S6. The unlock codes Virgin did not work for me - despite their efforts. What did work  - was Web chatting with Samsung rep and they gave me the codes I needed.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh boy.... I feel your pain.

The mods are really slow right now. If its for business I would just eat the $10 for a new sim card and grab one immediately at a local store.

You might be able to get a $10 credit from them later on.

Not worth losing business calls over a $10 sim. Good luck.

@rastafari wrote:

Ok, thank you for the response.

Just to be a PM user, I am getting this issue and the only way to fix it is to wait forever. Others must get this issue too. I cant just wait, how is there not some way for these automatic issues to get resolved sooner? I hate to sound like a brat but PM is screwing me over huge and I dont know what I will do if I am unable to use my phone and on top of it I am paying for it when I cant use it and its because of their terrible communication and terrible process for using the SIM

I will apologize in advance for giving a bratty response.  Why on earth would you set up the SIM PIN code lock feature on your phone?  TBH, this security feature is no longer useful as we don't store things like contact lists and other personal information in a SIM card anymore.  It is unfortunate, but right now the moderator team response time is excessively long.  Only they can provide a PUK code. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

You probably dont like to hear, but wait for moderator is only option since you are far away from any shop that can buy a new sim card.   Too bad, publimc mobiles way of communicating is not for those line that need emergency fix.

@rastafari

Community members like us are not able to fix account issues, so the moderators are the only ones who can help you.  But, it will take time unfortunately.  

I usually will not recommend Public Mobile for an important work line since if the service goes down for any reason, it can take hours and days for things to be resolved.  

I assume that your old sim card/old service is not working now...  

rastafari

Where do you even originally get the SIM number? Was never in the paperwork that came with the SIM or in any emails. So I have to pay to get a new one because I followed the steps, I will not be able to access a store that sells one for many days due to being in a remote work location

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rastafari would buying a new sim and doing a sim number change solve the issue?

rastafari

Ok, thank you for the response.

Just to be a PM user, I am getting this issue and the only way to fix it is to wait forever. Others must get this issue too. I cant just wait, how is there not some way for these automatic issues to get resolved sooner? I hate to sound like a brat but PM is screwing me over huge and I dont know what I will do if I am unable to use my phone and on top of it I am paying for it when I cant use it and its because of their terrible communication and terrible process for using the SIM

Sorry to hear about your situation.  The only person that could give you the PUK code is the moderator, who you have messaged.  Unfortunately, the wait times are about 72+ hours for response recently.  

Here is the official response from Public mobile on PUK:

What is a PUK and where do I find it?

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, you will need to contact the Public Mobile Community Moderator Team here. You will need to create and/or be logged in to your Community account for this link to work.

rastafari

Also just read that I only have 10 attempts, not sure how many I have used, I would guess like 8 or 9. So I may only have one shot left. WTF, if my SIM card gets ruined, I am not anywhere near a place to get a new one for many days. And I will be paying for a service I cant receive. 

Need Help? Let's chat.