cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT Activation Help- Porting from Lucky Mobile

skamarapu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi,

I received a text message asking for ESN/MEID to port my number. All i have is an IMEI numbers of my dual SIM phone. The Lucky Mobile sim that I'm porting is currently in the second SIM slot of my phone with IMEI 8660XXXXXXXXXX.

My Account expires tonight, So please assist ASAP.

Thanks,

Sharan

11 REPLIES 11

@hycm53 wrote:

@skamarapu wrote:
Hi,

I received a text message asking for ESN/MEID to port my number. All i have is an IMEI numbers of my dual SIM phone. The Lucky Mobile sim that I'm porting is currently in the second SIM slot of my phone with IMEI 8660XXXXXXXXXX.

Thanks,

Sharan

When you’re porting Lucky mobile number to PM, you only need Lucky mobile account number and PIN number that if you have and Lucky mobile account must be activated. If you don’t have Lucky mobile account number then you have contact Lucky mobile to get it. After successfully porting Lucky mobile will close your account. 

If Lucky mobile account was closed before porting, you need contact moderator team to help you porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maybe someone could point out how to successfully contact Lucky, to get your account number?

As I mentioned in another thread, I COULD NOT find my Lucky account number in my online account, and when I tried to phone them to get the required info, all I ever got was their annoying menu system, that never gave me the option to speak to a real person. Maybe I overlooked something, but I tried it over & over again(including Googling for the info that Lucky's site seems to be missing), with ZERO success, so I simply used the IMEI number instead, which got the job done.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hycm53 , Don't Panic it's always a good idea to port a number with an Account Number of the Previous Provider, however IMEI numbers work fine as long as it's the IMEI number that has the Sim card in it, dual SIM phones have two IMEI number so make sure to use the IMEI that has your lucky Mobile SIM card in it.  Also again don't worry if Public Mobile Moderator don't reply on time. Every Major Prepaid Providers in Canada let you Port your Number out even if you are not in Active paid status as long as your account is active  however the two provider that don't let you Port out when you are not in Active paid status are Public Mobile & Koodo Prepaid, since you are with Lucky Mobile you will be fine when porting out to Public Mobile even if you are not in Active paid status.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@skamarapu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Sharan

When you’re porting Lucky mobile number to PM, you only need Lucky mobile account number and PIN number that if you have and Lucky mobile account must be activated. If you don’t have Lucky mobile account number then you have contact Lucky mobile to get it. After successfully porting Lucky mobile will close your account. 

If Lucky mobile account was closed before porting, you need contact moderator team to help you porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@skamarapu sometimes porting may take up to 2 days to complete. You may need to pay for Lucky Mobile for one more month. Or you can activate until a week before your next payment at Lucky in order to keep your phone number. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@skamarapu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Sharan

@skamarapu  If you want to keep your number you need to keep your lucky mobile account active by paying for another 30 days. To contact Public Mobile just click on the envelope above on this page and address your message to Moderator_Team fill in the subject line and include the required IMEI info for the port.

Good Luck!

@skamarapu wrote:

2 Days? That's crazy. PM doesnt seem reliable.

My number should be active tomorrow as well. Not sure, if they can help me out.

Thanks.

Do self a favor and don't use IMEI.  Use Lucky account number.  Contact Lucky to get it if you need to.

skamarapu

2 Days? That's crazy. PM doesnt seem reliable.

My number should be active tomorrow as well. Not sure, if they can help me out.

Thanks.

@skamarapu wrote:

Where do i submit my IMEI to activate?

The message asks to go to Publicmobile.ca. Click contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form providing the IMEI address. I believe PM has to verify my IMEI and activate but not sure how can i get help from them?

Thanks

There is no form.  You need the moderators to do it. Instructions are to click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 but they aren't back until morning and Public Mobile says allow 2 days for response.

skamarapu

Where do i submit my IMEI to activate?

The message asks to go to Publicmobile.ca. Click contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form providing the IMEI address. I believe PM has to verify my IMEI and activate but not sure how can i get help from them?

Thanks

skamarapu

Sorry, I already know ways to find IMEI number. I need help with the activation.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@skamarapu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Sharan

Dial *#06# for your MEID

Need Help? Let's chat.