cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*URGENT* ACTIVATION FAILURE

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I was activating a new sim and porting a number from TELUS.

I got an error message:

Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

I have private messaged a moderator but they still have not replied. I understand it's a busy weekend because of the in-store activation promo but does anyone know how long this can take? I need my phone to be activated!!!

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K

19 REPLIES 19

Doonerz

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@angeliquem this was/ is a common error.

Mods will take care of it. In your private message did you include as many details as possible including sim card number?

@mimmo

I included the sim number, name, pin number, account number given, TELUS account number, phone number and pin... I think that's a good amount of detail?

You forgot eye color....

SIM cards rarely fail. I have never personally experienced a SIM card fail. And I've gone through at least 15 Public Mobile SIMs alone just setting up accounts for others. I think your first account was activated, but the port was incomplete. That's why the Telus SIM was still working. And also why you couldn't port the number when activating the second SIM card. Let's hope I'm wrong (which I often am!!). In any case the mods will get it all sorted for ya!

GC

Remember that only one mandatory field has to be filled in when porting over. Account number seems to work the best.

angeliquem

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@GreatCanadian

Yes, the mod said the first account was activated then deactivated and there was no way the SIM could work again. I hope they can sort it out soon! It's almost past 48 hours and I still haven't gotten any response.

Ok that makes sense. Can your friend still use the Telus SIM? If so, she should be good until the port completes.

GC

@GreatCanadian

The Telus SIM is no longer active and the account has been closed. Currently, my sister is using the new number I activated the SIM card with but she would definitely love to get her number from TELUS instead to save the trouble of having to update her contacts etc.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@angeliquem wrote:

@GreatCanadian

Yes, the mod said the first account was activated then deactivated and there was no way the SIM could work again. I hope they can sort it out soon! It's almost past 48 hours and I still haven't gotten any response.

Ok that makes sense. Can your friend still use the Telus SIM? If so, she should be good until the port completes.

GC

angeliquem

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Mods will take care of it. In your private message did you include as many details as possible including sim card number?

@mimmo

I included the sim number, name, pin number, account number given, TELUS account number, phone number and pin... I think that's a good amount of detail?

You forgot eye color....

SIM cards rarely fail. I have never personally experienced a SIM card fail. And I've gone through at least 15 Public Mobile SIMs alone just setting up accounts for others. I think your first account was activated, but the port was incomplete. That's why the Telus SIM was still working. And also why you couldn't port the number when activating the second SIM card. Let's hope I'm wrong (which I often am!!). In any case the mods will get it all sorted for ya!

GC

@GreatCanadian

GreatCanadian

@angeliquem wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo

You forgot eye color....

GC

angeliquem

@tbark wrote:

Yes, definitely do not try to activate again. I activated at Walmart and the first attempted gave an error message and the SIM would not work on the new activation so they needed to use a new SIM card. For some reason, I was charged for both activations, even though the one failed. The moderators got back to me in about 48 hours and they credited the one payment back to my account immediately. 

@tbark

I am now sitting in the middle phase. I got in contact with @CS_Agent and they told me that the SIM card was not working and I needed to get a new one. So I bought a new one, and I was able to activate it successfully BUT the porting didn't work out and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed. Furthermore, I still haven't heard from the mods yet so I haven't gotten credit back for being charged twice. So far, it's been a little bit frustrating but I hope to see the light at the end of this tunnel soon!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@angeliquem wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo

@angeliquem wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo

@angeliquem  yup i think you are good.  because you had an activation error and probably no account was created making it harder for mods to find the activation.   glad to see you are ontop of things.  There are numerous occasions when people message mods or post in forums with too little info causing delays in resolutions. 

angeliquem

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, definitely do not try to activate again. I activated at Walmart and the first attempted gave an error message and the SIM would not work on the new activation so they needed to use a new SIM card. For some reason, I was charged for both activations, even though the one failed. The moderators got back to me in about 48 hours and they credited the one payment back to my account immediately. 

mimmo

angeliquem

@popping wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

@popping

I currently don't have the phone with me since it's my sister's line that I'm trying to activate.

However I can answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, I ported my Telus number from Telus, I didn't get a new number and then tried to port after.

2. My sister's phone currently has the Telus SIM card and it's still working. She can makes calls and texts with it.

3. I haven't tried putting the PM SIM inside yet. I'll ask her to try and tell me what happens.

Also, I was charged by PM and it's reflected on my credit card bill already. 

Thanks!

I think your SIM card was activated.  Just wait for moderator to work on your activation and port.  It may take up to 48 hours.  For the time being, tell your sister to continue to use her Telus SIM card until it is completely dead.  Then, use the new PM SIM card on her phone because the port is completed.

Can you login to the new.ly created self serve PM account?

If yes, is the account status active?

@popping

I can't log in at all. It says the account doesn't exist even when I try the forgotten password option. Thanks! I'll definitely wait for the mods then!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angeliquem wrote:

I already got charged for activation and it's reflected on my credit card. I'm worried that I will get charged a 2nd time. Any thoughts?

@angeliquem, If you already went through activation, you likely won't be able to activate the same SIM card again.  *IF* by chance you are able to do it, and the system does charge you again, I doubt you would have any problems getting the duplicate charge creditted back to your account.

popping

@angeliquem wrote:

@popping

I currently don't have the phone with me since it's my sister's line that I'm trying to activate.

1. Yes, I ported my Telus number from Telus, I didn't get a new number and then tried to port after.

2. My sister's phone currently has the Telus SIM card and it's still working. She can makes calls and texts with it.

3. I haven't tried putting the PM SIM inside yet. I'll ask her to try and tell me what happens.

Thanks!

I think your SIM card was activated.  Just wait for moderator to work on your activation and port.  It may take up to 48 hours.  For the time being, tell your sister to continue to use her Telus SIM card until it is completely dead.  Then, use the new PM SIM card on her phone because the port is completed.

Can you login to the new.ly created self serve PM account?

If yes, is the account status active?

angeliquem

@KMG

@KMG wrote:

You could try the activation again using a different browser, and also using incognito mode.

Another strategy would be to activate and obtain a new number, and port your number from Telus in a day or so.

I already got charged for activation and it's reflected on my credit card. I'm worried that I will get charged a 2nd time. Any thoughts?

angeliquem

@RobertQc

@RobertQc wrote:

@angeliquem wrote:

Hi,

I got an error message:

Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

I have private messaged a moderator but they still have not replied. I understand it's a busy weekend because of the in-store activation promo but does anyone know how long this can take? I need my phone to be activated!!!

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K

Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. They are up front about their business model "Less for less". The only time you notice this is the rare occasion you need to contact a mod. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of. Good things come to those that wait.

For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

It typically should be within 48 hours.  No need to send multiple messages unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Thanks for your tips! I think once I get pass this activation it should be smooth sailing from here and I'm definitely looking forward to saving tons of money a year! Phone plans have gotten ridiculous year after year!

angeliquem

@popping

Thanks!

popping

@angeliquem

It will take upto 48 hours to get the moderator help.

At the mean time, I like to ask you a few questions to find out what went wrong.

1.  Did you port your Telus phone number from Telus during activation?

2.  Put your SIM card in your phone.  Is your phone showing "Public Mobile"?  How may signal bars showing on your phone?

3.  Can you call out or text out?

I like to determine whether your SIM was activated.  If not, you may need to restart your browser and do the activation again.

KMG

You could try the activation again using a different browser, and also using incognito mode.

Another strategy would be to activate and obtain a new number, and port your number from Telus in a day or so.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@angeliquem wrote:

Hi,

I got an error message:

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K

Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. They are up front about their business model "Less for less". The only time you notice this is the rare occasion you need to contact a mod. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of. Good things come to those that wait.

For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

It typically should be within 48 hours.  No need to send multiple messages unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.