cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMIDIGI A3 Cell Phone

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Is this an easy to use phone for a senior going from a flip to a smartphone?  Appreciate the help.  And thanks for looking.

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for all the help.  Appreciate it. FYI I tried the old phone route with a Samsung Core lte sm-386w.  Was told that she didn't want a hand me down. Lol.  So I got her the A3.

Check this out www.maketecheasier.com/best-android-launchers-for-senior-visually-impaired-users/ 

You can make their life a bit easier

I still vote old phone until they are comfy

@gblackma  Yes I agree with @Luddite  as well. A5 is  better than the A3 and the screen on the A5 is quite large. The bf enlarges the type/font for his eyesight issues. That should address any visual acuity issues for a senior and it's pretty easy to navigate as well. It will go on sale at Amazon.ca again at $135 cdn eventually. I'm looking for a friend so I'll send you a pm when it does. Avoid other sites that offer it....they don't have the easy hassle free return policy that Amazon.ca offers.

I would totally agree with @Luddite try an old one that's working and not too small, you can also enlarge text. You don't want to spend too much just to have then drop it in a sink to get rid of it. Anything with 5 inch and above should work. And if it's not big enough you can take a look at some 3rd party dialers too I'm sure they have done simple with oversized buttons.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@gblackma wrote:

Is this an easy to use phone for a senior going from a flip to a smartphone?  Appreciate the help.  And thanks for looking.

No. Let him try one of your old phones; he may hate the lack of a keyboard. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma The differences between usibility of Android phones are minimal. I know the A5 Pro has a 6.3 " screen which would be nice for a senior, but I'm not sure of the A3's size. I'll look it up tho.

Edit: It's 5.5", probably close enough. FYI, these phones may come on sale at Amazon again if you have time to wait.

Need Help? Let's chat.