cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S talk, text and data add-on

saratogabill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am down in the U.S. for 60 days. The first 10 days of my $20 add-on just finished. I tried to go on the Public Mobile website to add another 10 days but it doesn't show up as an add-on. I have sufficient funds in my account. Why should I have to spend $25 to get add-ons that give me what I had been getting for $20 ?

5 REPLIES 5

@saratogabill  For trips to the US longer than 10 days the current PM US roaming addons are not worth the IMO hassle. I agree with you best to  explore local prepaid options.

@saratogabill wrote:

This is B.S.  I'm going to switch to the cheapest Public Mobile plan just to keep my phone number and then get an AT&T sim card while I'm down here. I'll end up saving money !!

For the amount of time you're going to be in US...good idea to get a local sim and a cheap plan. Alternative is to get a free voip app like TextNow. Works good for free calls and texts as long as you have a robust wifi signal. I'm sure there's others but I've used TextNow with good results.

@saratogabill wrote:

This is B.S.  I'm going to switch to the cheapest Public Mobile plan just to keep my phone number and then get an AT&T sim card while I'm down here. I'll end up saving money !!

Or you can suspend your service up to 90 days and buy AT&T to save even moreSmiley Happy

saratogabill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@saratogabill wrote:

I am down in the U.S. for 60 days. The first 10 days of my $20 add-on just finished. I tried to go on the Public Mobile website to add another 10 days but it doesn't show up as an add-on. I have sufficient funds in my account. Why should I have to spend $25 to get add-ons that give me what I had been getting for $20 ?

If you can wait for 24 hours after the first one expired...then you can renew. Alternative is to click the ? in lower right side to start process of moderator assistance. make sure you have enough $$ in Available Funds to cover the add-on you want.

@CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.