cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. minutes package

Robynesque
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I renewed my U.S. minutes by text yesterday but now when I try to make a phone call to the States it says I don’t have minutes in my plan. Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

frostbite

@slash407 wrote:

if its set to roaming and its active, then contact the mods

it would help to tell him how

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

if its set to roaming and its active, then contact the mods

@slash407 why?  we haven't heard from @Robynesque to see if they are in the USA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

He wrote......I renewed my U.S. minutes by text yesterday but now when I try to make a phone call to the States it says I don’t have minutes in my plan. Any ideas?

@Lieux yeah we can see what he wrote but it's very ambiguous.  First of all you can't renew anything by text, and second of all, what kind of US minutes?  Are we talking long distance minutes add on, or are we talking US Roaming Talk add-on?  And is the OP in Canada or the USA when trying to make the call?  None of this frankly is clear in the original post and it's completely appropriate of @stonechucker to ask for more details rather than making assumptions or jumping to the lost/stolen trick suggestion without understanding what the issue is.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Robynesque wrote:

I bought the 200 minutes of U.S. calling.

The package you list here is for Canada to US numbers, while in Canada.

Are you currently in Canada?

Are you in the US? You will need a roaming add-on.

He wrote......I renewed my U.S. minutes by text yesterday but now when I try to make a phone call to the States it says I don’t have minutes in my plan. Any ideas?

@Robynesque wrote:

The package you list here is for Canada to US numbers, while in Canada.

Are you currently in Canada?

Are you in the US? You will need a roaming add-on.

@Robynesque wrote:

With all what you said you need to reach the moderator and let them know your problem https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 give them details. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Robynesque

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Which Add-on Package did you buy 400 International Long Distance minutes, 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes or US Roaming?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Robynesque wrote:

I renewed my U.S. minutes by text yesterday but now when I try to make a phone call to the States it says I don’t have minutes in my plan. Any ideas?

Did you restart your phone? Also, might be a good idea to try the Lost/Stolen reset trick:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen 
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Robynesque wrote:

I also checked the My Account page and it says I have it, but it’s not available when I try to make a call.

There are US roaming and US texting and calling from Canada. They are different. 

Acutally you can download a free calling and texting app such as TextNow or Fongo. You have an unique number and voicemail. You can access to your contact list and make call strike from your app. But you need is Wifi or data in order to call. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robynesque wrote:

How do you renew by text?

Post a screen snip of your overview page and we can see what you have going on. Blank out personal info of course.

sunflowershine

@Robynesque wrote:

I also checked the My Account page and it says I have it, but it’s not available when I try to make a call.

@Robynesque Great, are you in the States or in Canada?

Robynesque

sunflowershine

@Robynesque wrote:

@Robynesque I think you have to go to My Account to put the add-on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.