cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Roaming Add-on

Niya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello beautiful people Smiley Happy,

Just want to know if I purchase a U.S. Roaming add-on will it automatically take the place of my regular data? So would I keep my regular data option on or off for it to work? I've never purchased U.S. Roaming or data abroad before.

Also, can I purchase it while in the U.S. using wifi?

Thanks,
Niya

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Niya Luckily at PM there's no possible way for your regular data service to be used when roaming.  Once the system recognizes you're not on their network (i.e. Telus/PM network), the data service automatically won't work, so you don't need to make any settings changes on your phone.  So the only features that will work while you're in the U.S. are the roaming features that you purchase.  I used the U.S. roaming a few times last year, once your 10 day expiry comes up then yes try and get access to Wifi and then re-add the roaming feature again.

@Korth wrote:

Expires 10 days after activation, not 10 days after purchase. You can purchase as many as you like and keep them sitting (dormant) in your account for as long as you like.

But you can only activate one US Talk, one US Text, and one US Data component at a time... which starts the 10 day expiry timer... apparently the system won't allow you to activate an Add-on component while another of the same type is already active (I haven't confirmed this firsthand). 

All add-ons, upon purchase, activate immediately, including U.S. roaming add-ons. U.S. roaming add-ons cannot be banked for later usage. They will all expire within 10 calendar days of purchase (the day of purchase counts as a full day no matter when in day the purchase was made).

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Expires 10 days after activation, not 10 days after purchase. You can purchase as many as you like and keep them sitting (dormant) in your account for as long as you like.

But you can only activate one US Talk, one US Text, and one US Data component at a time... which starts the 10 day expiry timer... apparently the system won't allow you to activate an Add-on component while another of the same type is already active (I haven't confirmed this firsthand). 

Niya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks so much peeps 😉

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can only be used in the US and does not effect your regular plan data.  You can purchase it in the US.  Keep it mind it expires 10 days after purchase.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Both will be available to you simultaneously. If your in Canada it will use your Canadian data. If you are in the us it will use your us data.

Remember to enable roaming while your in the us and look for an at&t or T-Mobile tower to connect to.

Need Help? Let's chat.