cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tying to activate SIM card

sherylgallant
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to activate my new SIm card. I keep getting an error saying "unable to verify credit card information." I have tried twice with correct information. How can I get my SIm card activated with autopay? 

9 REPLIES 9

@sherylgallant wrote:

Is there not someone I can contact who can activate my SIM and set up my account manually?

@sherylgallant  If you have tried mutliple times without success you can message the moderator team with all the information explain that you have tried multiple times without being able to activte your account and ask them to activate the card for you.

Include the following info:

Sim card#

Name

Location (So they can assign an appropriate number)

Email

Referral code

CC info 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

sherylgallant

Is there not someone I can contact who can activate my SIM and set up my account manually?

sherylgallant

I chose a new number and did it again. Still did not accept the cc verification. ALL information is correct and I'm using Chrome incognito. I did it two times, yet again. Maybe its just not to be.  If Public Mobile doesn't work, I'll have to stick with my old provider. Pretty discuraging, I guess I'm just out the cost of the SIM card. Too good to be true? Too bad, it sounded like such a good deal. 

@sherylgallant also if you're planning to port your old phone number to public  Mobile you should first pick a new number when you activated and then after everythings working fine go back in your new self serve account and click on change number and then port in your old number!  At least that way if the port takes time you can still use your old provider Sim card until the port goes thru

sherylgallant

Got it! I will use incognito when I try again. Thanks!

sherylgallant

I am using Chrome. Not sure how to be incognito.

sherylgallant

Thank you for the replies! It has not been charged yet. The addresses and info is all correct. I will try again in an hour. TY

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sherylgallant, what browser are you using?  The activation portal can be finicky sometimes.  Cached data sometimes gets in the way.  Chrome or Firefox incognito mode is pretty effective.  Note also that if a credit card is tried too many times, it could be locked out for fraud protection reasons.  When entering the address associated with the credit card, leave the apartment field blank.  Hope this information helps. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

Can  u check if it charged your credit card and if it did try your sim card in your phone to see if it works.   If it didn't charge your card try again in 1 hour.  When you get to the payment part make sure your credit card address matches what you input on the website  And don't put anything for apartment number

Need Help? Let's chat.