cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tx PC Mobile Number to Public Mobile

lisasummer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just joined Public and I want to port my PC Mobile number over and it said to ask a moderator, can someone help me please? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lisasummer wrote:

Hi,

I just joined Public and I want to port my PC Mobile number over and it said to ask a moderator, can someone help me please? Thanks.

@lisasummer 

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

@lisasummer : To complete your port-in request, please click  this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator.  Have your PC Mobile account number, name on the account and PC Mobile phone number ready.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@lisasummer Currently transfers cannot be initiated from your self serve account, but require moderator intervention. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter "Port Request" in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Your PC Mobile account must remain activate for the port-in; it will close automatically when that finishes.

Welcome aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lisasummer welcome to PM. Once you activate with a temporary cell phone number,  currently to port your number you have to contact the moderators.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the PV account number. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lisasummer 

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - “port request”
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lisasummer you can contact a moderator here

1. faster response time (use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

type in "port request"

2. slower response times (not high priority)
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.