cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two weeks later - Number finally ported but No Sim Error

cx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Shazia_K,

I finally received a call yesterday from an employee in the porting department.  She confirmed my phone number successfully ported yesterday and then soon after I was disconnected with Rogers with unregistered SIM.  Last night when I went back home to switch to the Public Mobile SIM card, I get No SIM Error.  My phone is unlock and I confirm it works with my mom's TELUS SIM card too.  Can you help look in to this as well as adjust my account start date and change the plan to the promo plan with 12 GB please?  My SIM card was ordered before the cut off date, I will private message you my order number.

I have no cell phone to use now, it's concerning especially during emergency.  Please help.

Thank you,

Cx

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cx it is possible your SIM card is defective.  When you were trying your mother's Telus SIM card in your phone, did you happen to try your PM SIM in her phone?  That would help determine if it's the SIM card.  It should work in her phone even if it's locked (locked to Telus/Koodo is fine).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cx

Hi @Shazia_K,

I would appreciate an update on this please.  My phone is still not working and it has been more than 2 weeks...

Thanks,

Cx

cx

It say SIM card change successful when using the same SIM card number.  So the SIM card is activated but it's not working with my phone.  I suppose it's faulty.  Awaiting for moderator to respond to my private message sent yesterday, thanks.

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check your account info and confirm if your existing sim matches the number on file.
If not the same, then follow what Gee has mentioned above.

If info matched with what you have then you definitely need mod attention. 

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would try logging into your Public Mobile Account page and try doing a SIM swap.  When prompted, enter your current SIM card number into the system and see if it gets the SIM activated.

Need Help? Let's chat.