cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two user with same phone number!!

Brat16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New activation. I can make calls, but can't receive calls!! Any help??

32 REPLIES 32

@Brat16 

This seems to be a recent glitch that has cropped up. A few more and we will raise the issue to pm management as a possible official glitch.

@softech 

Or have we seen enough?

@Brat16 wrote:

So I replied on the same message of the previous CSA and some other agent responded and solved the issue. That was quick. 😃

But thinking in this way. How would others feel about this, for not receiving the bonus and that you gotta ask them to resolve the issue.(Just thinking out loud)🤔😄

Yup  the system is not bad sometime, especially for easy fix like missing bonus

Brat16

So I replied on the same message of the previous CSA and some other agent responded and solved the issue. That was quick. 😃

But thinking in this way. How would others feel about this, for not receiving the bonus and that you gotta ask them to resolve the issue.(Just thinking out loud)🤔😄

@Brat16 

Yes open a new ticket.

Brat16

So it's been a busy week for me. I didn't get time to check my account. Thank you everyone for your help and support. 😃 Apparently the one who referred me got the 1$ bonus, whereas I am still waiting for my 10$ bonus. I think I need to contact CSA again. #SMH. 

@softech 

Another issue with the referral code not being applied even though it was entered at activation. That's 3 confirmed.

Always issues .. never a perfect day.. PM have to make sure the Community is busy at all time.. LoL

@Brat16 

Thanks for the update. Happy to hear everything is how it should be.

@softech 

Another issue with the referral code not being applied even though it was entered at activation. That's 3 confirmed.

Brat16

Hey, yes it did. Thanks for helping out. 

I had to contact CSA for the bonus. And the agent mentioned that the referral code wasn't applied, at which I was Abit confused. As I do remember clearly, I reviewed and applied it. Nonetheless, the CSA applied it for me 1$ showed up in the account. Now will wait for 72hours for the 10$.

Brat16

👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brat16 

you can try to Changing Your Number 

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change  go to your Self Serve Account here link, and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number.
  • and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Morning @Brat16   , you went through Change Number and got a new working number now?

Brat16

Yes I did check the overview page. Anyways NVM.

Brat16

Two user having same phone number.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

You (Referee)= $10 within 72 hours. Usually next day. 

Referee Referrer= $1 immediately. 

Contact CSA in a day or so. 

Referrer refers and Referee gets referred.

@Brat16 

Have your friend double check both their overview page and their rewards page for the reward after you change your phone number. Their reward may show up then when it's able to display the last 4 digits of your phone number. The Cha-ching texts for successfully referring a friend are sent out at 2pm eastern.

@shimdog 

On occasion telus releases an active phone number into the available number pool by accident. If its chosen either upon activation or by using the change number feature in your self serve account it will cause this issue of the second user of the phone number to have no incoming calling. All incoming calling gets directed to the rightful owner of the phone number. Changing the phone number is the only way to fix this issue.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you clarify what you mean by two users with the same phone number? That would help me understand your problem. 

Brat16

Thank you.

Brat16

Thanks

Contact CSA here

@Brat16 your friend who referred you should see a new Friend Referral on the same day.  For you , you should see the $10 deposit into your account as Available Fund within 72 hours.

If you waited 72 hours and still not see the $10, you should open a ticket with PM :

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Brat16

Referee is yet to receive a message or 1$.

How do I contact CSA?

You = $10 within 72 hours. Usually next day. 

Referee = $1 immediately. 

Contact CSA in a day or so. 

Brat16

Thanks. I'll do that. I'll let you know if it works.

One more question is that I used the referral code, but none of us received any text or one time 10$ for the newly activated number.

Sorry, I misread your answer to my original question.

Yes, look like when you choose the new number PM has given you a number that already owned by someone.    Since someone already using the number, you have no choice but have to pick another number

Please logon to My Account, choose Change Number and select another number

E-MyAcc-ChangePhoneNum.png

Brat16

Yes to incoming text and data.

Tried rebooting several times. And I did change the network too. It won't work.

The fact that when I call another number with my newly activated one, it shows the same number. But when I try to call back the number, someone else answers the phone!!

Can you receiving incoming text?  and mobile data works?

try to reboot your phone  Also, try to change the network to 3G Only and see if you can receive incoming calls, 

Brat16

No I didn't request porting.

@Brat16 did you request porting?

Brat16

No incoming calls. 

Brat16

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.