cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phones on one account

ThosD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a PM account with one phone. I want to switch my wife's phone to PM. Is it possible to add her phone to my account so that rather than getting two separate bills for $15 each every month, we are charged one bill of $30?

17 REPLIES 17

ThosD

Thank you!

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ThosD wrote:

I'm not trying to have two or more SIM's on one account. I'm just trying to get one single charge for all of the SIM's/phones/accounts that I have with PM. In other words, I'm trying to see if PM has the technology to add the total charges of several SIM's/phones/accounts and charge that one single amount

When you use the same credit card to pay for several separate accounts, all the charges will appear on the same card.

That will be as close as "one billing" you can get at PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD 

With PM, one account=one phone=one email address,
when you use the same credit card, is will be each account one charges on your credit card.

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode, and do that for each new Activate,

Spoiler

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,
how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

*important to you know

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately PM cannot consolidate all you bills as one.

Even if all your accounts get charged to ONE credit card, you will see as many separate charges as you have PM accounts.

ThosD

I'm not trying to have two or more SIM's on one account. I'm just trying to get one single charge for all of the SIM's/phones/accounts that I have with PM. In other words, I'm trying to see if PM has the technology to add the total charges of several SIM's/phones/accounts and charge that one single amount

ThosD

Got it. Thanks! Finally an intelligent answer!

(In passing I might add that being billed one total amount, regardless of the number of phones should be technologically possible these days and trying to time the exact activation date with one's existing BILLING(!!!) date would be completely futile because no one can tell me a date on which the activation will actually take place, especially when porting an existing number from a previous provider. We can get 4K videos from Mars, but we can't seem tell when a cell phone will be activated. As Mr. Spock used to say, "Fascinating.")

@ThosD wrote:

I don't want a family plan. In fact I don't even need or want the discount for referring someone else. I was just enquiring to see if it was possible to get one "bill" or being charged one amount, or whatever PM wants to call the act of being charged for services, instead of two or more separate charges

@ThosD No.. each account is pretty much independent.  You can use the same credit card, but still it will be 2 charges on your credit card.  

ThosD

I don't want a family plan. In fact I don't even need or want the discount for referring someone else. I was just enquiring to see if it was possible to get one "bill" or being charged one amount, or whatever PM wants to call the act of being charged for services, instead of two or more separate charges

ThosD

... and as you should know, the term "billed" is a common English term for being charged or "billed" and paying one's "bill" is the same as one's credit card being "billed" or charged for services rendered by PM or anyone else.

But thanks for the lecture and for correcting my terminology as it applies specifically to PM.

And I get it. With PM, one account=one phone=one email address (even though subsequent phone users may be too young, too old, too feeble, less tech-savvy or may not otherwise have the means (i.e. funds) to set up accounts of their own)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ThosD 

Unfortunately, PM only offers one SIM per account (email address).

It would be a hassle to keep switching the PM SIM to each of the phone so I would suggest you get another PM SIM for your wife and use her email address for the second account.

The PM SIM are on sale for $5 at Canadian Cell Supplies right now.

Canadian Cell Suppies

Remember to use your referral code for a $10 discount off your second month bill and use AutoPay for $2 off your monthly (30 days) bill.

So for a $15 plan, it will be $13/month and $3 on your second month bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD 

you have to open new account for each line
need new Email address, and you can use it all same information like credit card your password and 4 digit pin, just you need a different Email,

For New SIM card is better for you and fast way from any Retail store or any gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

*Enter your Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link

visit Here link, for more information about Reward Rules,

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ThosD wrote:

I have a PM account with one phone. I want to switch my wife's phone to PM. Is it possible to add her phone to my account so that rather than getting two separate bills for $15 each every month, we are charged one bill of $30?

@ThosD, you can have both accounts paid by the same credit card though.  As well if you don't sign her up on your renewal date your payment dates will always be different as we are 30 day plans not monthly plans.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ThosD 

A lot of good info here that basically covers how it's not possible, but options you can consider.  Here's a quick summary:

• Each "Account" (email address) can only have 1 phone service attached
  • Referring your wife will get you a credit reward of $1 every cycle
  • AutoPay gets a reward of $2 every cycle
  • Plans are renewed every 30 days (not monthly)
  • Services are prepaid, no "bill" at the end of every cycle

If it helps, you should be able to register the same credit card on your wife's account so you get centrally charged together.

Also, if your wife is switching and wants to keep (transfer/port) her phone number, make sure to activate with Public Mobile first, then initiate the number porting request.  If you cancel/close her old account first, she will lose that number.

Last but not least - wait and look for promotions!  You will sometimes get 1 month free, bonus data, etc that is always nice to have.  These activations must usually be done online at home.  You can either pre-buy a SIM card and wait for a promotion to come up, or wait for a promotion and see if you get a free SIM card (often the case through Canadian Cell Supplies).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer family plans.  Each account can only have one phone#, sim, and email address.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ThosD wrote:

You won't get a "bill". If the account isn't funded every 30 days, it'll be suspended until it is paid. You're encouraged (and rewarded) to use your valid credit card or debit card and enable Autopay. That way, your accounts gets funded automatically and you get the $2 Autopay Reward every time plan renews.

You'll not get a monthly bill though.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ThosD   is this thread from your wife?   

Re: Add Another phone - Community (publicmobile.ca)

For PM, only one line per account.  So, you will have to use a different email address.  But you can add the same credit card on the new account if you want to 

Make sure to ask your wife to give you a Friend Referral code.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ThosD wrote:

No, you can only have one phone per account.

You need to open another account for her with another email address.

You'll be able to give her your referral code so she can get $10 credit and you'll get $1/30 days as long as she stays with PM.

Edit: As pointed out by @hairbag1 , if you're already a member of PM, you should know already you don't get "billed" every month. It's your responsibility to either make a manual payment at each renewal date (by credit card or voucher) or register a credit card with Autopay set up so the payment will be debited automatically  (and you'll get $2 credit for that per account, which is more advantageous than if you had been allowed to have two phones in the same account and pay together from the same card).

Need Help? Let's chat.