cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phones on one Gmail email account ID

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Gmail offers an option that may work. With your Gmail email address Google offers a possible solution. Your original email address as an example "joeblow@gmail.com" is used for the first phone account ID, for the second account you can add a + sign with a code after the prefix and before the @ symbol, example "joeblow+PM2@gmail.com". I use this all the time so I know if my email address has been shared by some accounts I'm leery about. The email using that method come to my normal Inbox showing the (+ and code). 

I have two phones to set up tomorrow from the same family and I would like to try this.

I did a test to open a new account and when I entered my own email address, PM said it has been used. When I entered a (+ and code), PM accepted the email address.

I'm assuming one could even add a 3rd with "joeblow+PM3@gmail.com"

Has anyone tried this?

4 REPLIES 4

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Everyone, my experiment was a success 😁, my family now has 3 phones with separate accounts using one email address using google gmail. See HOW TO below

I do not know if other email provider services will do the same as Gmail but you could try sending yourself and email with the + and code prefix. If it come through and shows the adjusted email address, it should work fine.

EDITED: I thought I would put the instructions here from the original post.

Here are the instructions:
Your original email address as an example "joeblow@gmail.com" is used for the first phone account ID, for the second account you can add a + sign with a code after the prefix and before the @ symbol, example "joeblow+PM2@gmail.com".
You can even add a 3rd with "joeblow+PM3@gmail.com", it worked for me.

Thanks PM, glad to get you two more customers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous nice to see you have incorporated my line. 3rd person today 🤣

@Jb456 

Almost. He's an existing customer so I reminded him to use his own code. I say it very sporadically.

But I haven't caught any fish yet 🙂

@Anonymous nice to see you have incorporated my line. 3rd person today 🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DvAbCanEh 

Many people do.

Don't forget to use your referral code to get a $10 sign up credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.