cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two days still only partially ported over, can't receive calls,stuck with switching between two sims

hk0808
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Request to be ported over 2 days ago, only partially ported as I can only call out and text.  Can't receive call.  My number is still active on both my old sim with freedom and new sim with public.  No help from Mod via private message submitted a day ago. I see all my activity on freedom is getting charge on both carrier (running out of text and minutes since I have to constantly test if portting is complete).  Have to constantly switch between sims in case someone calls. Went to the store that ported me over and Public Mobile said it suspended my port partially for unknown reason. Resubmitted it but that was 10 hours ago.  Already tried every trick mentioned in the forum, restating, lost/stolen reactivate trick. Since there is no live or semi responsive help, what to do.  I get this is why the rate is cheap on public mobile but when there is a problem and can't use my phone properly for unknown amount of days with no update, what are my option? need my phone function for the work week.  Have to stick to my old sim since I need to be able to receive calls. @CS_Agent 

4 REPLIES 4

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@hk0808  Not much you can do at this point. That why it's best to select a temporary PM during activation. If they submitted the port 10 hours ago it should have been done by now. If it's not done by tomorrow morning I would send the moderators another message.

I'm not disagreeing with you about that being a good idea as there are some cases when the account doesn't get activated properly but Public Mobile somehow manages to still port the number in.

However, porting in after taking a temporary phone number during activation would not have prevented this situation.  The second that @hk0808  submitted the port request, that number would have been immediately replaced and he/she would still be in the same sittuation.  I would suggest to hk0808 that the Freedom Mobile account number be double checked and if that wasn't yet provided to the Public Mobile moderators, to do that.

Once a port is submitted on the Public Mobile side, I believe only the call display features will take on the ported number.  However, that port is not completed on the Freedom Mobile end immediately.  This is why customers are generally told to keep using the old service.  Call display is superficial and shouldn't really affect much more than a display. 

@geopublic wrote:

@hk0808  Not much you can do at this point. That why it's best to select a temporary PM during activation. If they submitted the port 10 hours ago it should have been done by now. If it's not done by tomorrow morning I would send the moderators another message.

I'm not disagreeing with you about that being a good idea as there are some cases when the account doesn't get activated properly but Public Mobile somehow manages to still port the number in.

However, porting in after taking a temporary phone number during activation would not have prevented this situation.  The second that @hk0808  submitted the port request, that number would have been immediately replaced and he/she would still be in the same sittuation.  I would suggest to hk0808 that the Freedom Mobile account number be double checked and if that wasn't yet provided to the Public Mobile moderators, to do that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hk0808 wrote:

Request to be ported over 2 days ago, only partially ported as I can only call out and text.  Can't receive call.  My number is still active on both my old sim with freedom and new sim with public.  No help from Mod via private message submitted a day ago. I see all my activity on freedom is getting charge on both carrier (running out of text and minutes since I have to constantly test if portting is complete).  Have to constantly switch between sims in case someone calls. Went to the store that ported me over and Public Mobile said it suspended my port partially for unknown reason. Resubmitted it but that was 10 hours ago.  Already tried every trick mentioned in the forum, restating, lost/stolen reactivate trick. Since there is no live or semi responsive help, what to do.  I get this is why the rate is cheap on public mobile but when there is a problem and can't use my phone properly for unknown amount of days with no update, what are my option? need my phone function for the work week.  Have to stick to my old sim since I need to be able to receive calls. @CS_Agent 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@hk0808 Unfortunately the moderators have been very busy lately. There usual response time is a few minutes to 2 days, hopefully they will respond to you soon. Smiley Frustrated

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.