cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sign up but credit card is not working

jfmajor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I read a few threads on here to try and solve my problem but can't seem to get it to work.

I'm trying to switch from another carrier to Public Mobile. Got my sim card, filled in everything. But the credit card just isn't working no matter if I disable the autopay, write the street name in all caps, adding spaces in the credit card(not allowed by the form)

"Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I would contact the moderator team but I'm pretty sure I need an account to do so. But I'm not able to get to the point where I have an account.

4 REPLIES 4

Marie-Sue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You mentioned "adding spaces" and writing street name in capitals. I added spaces too on my first try, then tried without the spaces and tlit worked. I am assuming that maybe this system is case sensitive, and that your street name should be written as it is linked to your card. Therefore, assuming (again) that it shouldn't be written all in cap locks. Have you tried no spaces and writing your street name the usual way together? Let me know how it goes for you. It is always good to learn. Oh, and I think that you can talk to a tech if you press on the little question mark in a bubble. Not too sure how I did the first time, but I have spoken to a tech before I got my account activated to ask if hey covered the Yukon. 

Best of luck. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jfmajor, sometimes getting credit card information accepted is a challenge.  Clearing browser cache and using incognito modes are some of the strategies that have worked in the past.  Worth giving it a try.  Also, if there is an appartment number, leaving it out works.

Edit:  We don't mention this that often in this situation.  I wonder if the browser being up to date matters.  I have done more activations than I can count or remember over the past 18 months for myself and friends.  I have never encountered any kind of bugs with the credit card, except the multiple use of same credit card problem.  I have use all of the popular browsers with success and never having to go to incognito mode.  Making sure the browser is up to date may be a good idea.  This is one thing that I do religiously.  Up to date software is essential for security reasons.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jfmajor Try using incognito/private browsing mode. If that does not work, you can try using another credit card just to go through the activation or use voucher which can be purchased from SDM/CT/London Drugs/Wow/K-mobile. 

Sunnyb97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know I had the same problem when I was trying to punch in my credit card. I had forgot I had "locked" my credit card and that was my issue.

Do you have enough room on your credit card? I always missed putting the expiry date portion when filling it out too

Need Help? Let's chat.