cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to setup new account- stuck on the screen to port a number from Bell

JC83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Want to bring my old number from Bell with me.

The setup screen asks for 1 of the following:

Old account #

Old device s/n

old account number PIN

Alternate phone number

etc.

Each time I try it tells me my service provider has denied my request and I cannot proceed from this screen...please help.

16 REPLIES 16

@Hero9551 wrote:

I just got the PM the sim card yesterday here in Saskatoon. I bought the sim card for 7.99 from Amazon. Right away, I created my account and followed the steps, put my Bell account # and phone number and everything went through. I thought it would take several day to port out but my number was immediately transferred and active in just a few min. I tested it, called and texted. I was surprised how fast and smooth it went.

@Hero9551   Nice to hear everything went smoothly!  Welcome to PM:)

Hero9551
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got the PM the sim card yesterday here in Saskatoon. I bought the sim card for 7.99 from Amazon. Right away, I created my account and followed the steps, put my Bell account # and phone number and everything went through. I thought it would take several day to port out but my number was immediately transferred and active in just a few min. I tested it, called and texted. I was surprised how fast and smooth it went.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JC83 wrote:

Old account #

Old device s/n

old account number PIN

Alternate phone number

etc.

Each time I try it tells me my service provider has denied my request and I cannot proceed from this screen...please help.

@JC83  Instead of porting just pick a temporary number. Once your activation is complete then you can setup the port via your selfserve account access.

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @JC83 

I believe you only need to provider one of, either IMEI or pin.

Also you do have an option of opening account with temporary number and testing the service first before porting.

Is it Bell landline or mobile number?

Another thing, is it by any chance a business number? There are some issues with transferring Bell business lines.

Welcome to pm

Neither IMEI nor PIN are needed if account number is provided.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JC83 

I believe you only need to provider one of, either IMEI or pin.

Also you do have an option of opening account with temporary number and testing the service first before porting.

Is it Bell landline or mobile number?

Another thing, is it by any chance a business number? There are some issues with transferring Bell business lines.

Welcome to pm

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JC83 why dont you activate your SIM card with a temporary cell phone number, set up your self service account. And port from within. This gives you a safety net in case something goes wrong with the port.

Does Bell offer port protection? And is this enabled on your account?

@JC83 wrote:

Old account #

Old device s/n

old account number PIN

Alternate phone number

etc.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JC83, the entries for number porting can be quite tricky.  For instance, if you use account number, the entry must not include spaces or hyphens which are often found on billing information.  Take a look at this illustrative guide on filling out the activation screens.  As already mentioned, there might be a 1 hour session lock on the SIM card.  Clear browser cache and give it another try in an hour.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JC83   Is your phone unlocked?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JC83 wrote:

Yes my bell account is still active.

The other odd thing is that the Serial Number of my device contains letters and numbers but the field on the screen will only accept numbers??

PM is asking for the IMEI number on your phone with Bell SIM card inserted.

You need only the following info to a number to PM:

1.  Bell account number

2.  Name shown on  Bell account

3.  The Bell number to be ported to PM.

Your Bell number must be active at the time of port request.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it says your service provider has denied your request, it sounds like it has something to do with Bell.  Perhaps contact Bell to see why they aren't allowing you to port the number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JC83 wrote:

The other odd thing is that the Serial Number of my device contains letters and numbers but the field on the screen will only accept numbers??

You don't need the serial number for your device to activate an account here, unless I'm mistaken.

JC83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@smiley3 wrote:

Is your number still active with Bell?

@JC83  @smiley3  makes a good point, it's important to keep your old account active until porting is complete.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JC83 wrote:

Old account #

Old device s/n

old account number PIN

Alternate phone number

etc.

Is your Bell account active as it must be active to port.  I would just go with Account number as that is what has worked for me in the past and if you continue to get the message you may need to contact Bell to see if there is a reason that you are getting this message.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JC83 wrote:

Old account #

Old device s/n

old account number PIN

Alternate phone number

etc.

Too many attempts can lock you out for an hour.  Try a little later using a different browser with incognito mode.  Also clear your cache/cookies and reboot beforehand.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your number still active with Bell?

Need Help? Let's chat.