cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to set up account, will not let me. Does not accept email a dress for Gmail or outlook.com??

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Trying to set up account, will not let me. Does not accept email a dress for Gmail or outlook.c

@daburke What sort of error message does it give when you try to do it?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Trying to set up account, will not let me. Does not accept email a dress for Gmail or outlook.c

Gmail works great usually

Was it usest before?

If you think you may have used it before you can try aliases

Name@gmail will receive all the messages that are sent to N.ame@gmail or Name+1@gmail

Try using incognito mode.

Welcome to Publicmobile

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daburke 

I can understand your frustration with this. I would make sure you don’t add a space before or after the email as that can mess up sometimes.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hello @daburke ,

Have you activated a Public Mobile SIM card yet, you do that here:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daburke is this where you were entering your email?  

Create Account - self-serve.png

If yes, you don't have a self-serve account yet that is why your email address is being rejected.  Go back here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/  and Click the Create Account and you're off to the races.  Cheers!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I signed up for public mobile on Sept 20, 2020. Whenever I try to create my self service account it tells me that the number is invalid or I may have created my profile already. I have never done this yet since I signed up. What is the solution? It's so frustrated...

Thanks,

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mini22 wrote:

Hello,

I signed up for public mobile on Sept 20, 2020. Whenever I try to create my self service account it tells me that the number is invalid or I may have created my profile already. I have never done this yet since I signed up. What is the solution? It's so frustrated...

Thanks,

Did you activate your account online or in-store?  If you activated online, the self serve account would have already been created.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mini22 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

If you continue to have problems with your self service account, contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@daburke if the email is longer than 30 characters it won't work. I suggest creating a new email strictly for public mobile. this will further secure your identity against "sim jacking"

Need Help? Let's chat.