cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up a new account

otoolerj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, not a good start joining the community.  

I purchased 3 sim cards for me and my two children.  I was tryign to just connect myself.  Went through the process and the action either timed out (404) or said there was a little problem.  

Now when I go to start over it says my sim card number is invalid and it no longer will accept my phone number as a valid number to transfer (even though it has done it before). 

Now what?  I guess this becomes the problem of not having anyone to contact because who can reset this for me?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28

@otoolerj wrote:

If I use the 'link' tab will that give me my discount and put all the sim cards in my account?  The next 2 are for my children so they will be controlled by me and paid by me.  Thank for the feedback!

@otoolerj The link you refer to opens a new account activation page with your referral code already prefilled. It saves some typing and the possibility of error (especially if your code has any "0", "O", "I" or "1").

Hope all your activations were successful. Welcome to Public Mobile!

@darlicious wrote:

@otoolerjThe link is only for the referral code. I've never used it I just write it down to add it. B careful you don't mix up letters and numbers like O and zero or one and a capital I.

You have to create separate accounts with separate emails or email aliases for your kids accounts.

Screenshot_20200122_075123.jpg

Copy that code. When you go to activate the next simcard. (Different email remember) there will be a spot to enter the referral code. This will give the person $10 sign up bonus and you will get $1 off per 30 days as long as there account is active.

Once you activate second account...then go create their self serve account....now they will also have a referral code.

So the 3rd account (again another new email)...you can choose to use your referral code or the 2nd account referral code...if you want second account to have a $1 off per 30 days.

You can use same credit card for all 3 accounts but you have to use different emails.

@otoolerjThe link is only for the referral code. I've never used it I just write it down to add it. Be careful you don't mix up letters and numbers like O and zero or one and a capital I.

You have to create separate accounts with separate emails or email aliases for your kids accounts.

otoolerj

If I use the 'link' tab will that give me my discount and put all the sim cards in my account?  The next 2 are for my children so they will be controlled by me and paid by me.  Thank for the feedback!

@otoolerj  Now that youve gone thru the process it will be easier. Just make sure you clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode in chrome or Firefox.  Don't forget to add your referral code from the first account you activated. It's at the top right of your overview page of your new account.

@otoolerj wrote:

I was able to register.  I was confused because I did the registering during the Start up but everything seems to be in order now.  Thank you everyone for the help.  

I have two more sim cards to install... hope it goes easier next time.

Thank you

No problem. Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

By two sim cards..if you mean you're setting up a 2nd account remember to take your referral code from your 1st account you just made (log into selft serve its on right hand side after "make a payment)

Also remember one account per email address so you would need a second email address.

Any issues start a thread and we'll try to help you out!

otoolerj

I was able to register.  I was confused because I did the registering during the Start up but everything seems to be in order now.  Thank you everyone for the help.  

I have two more sim cards to install... hope it goes easier next time.

Thank you

@otoolerj wrote:

I woke up this morning and everything was approved and I have service but no access to my account.  It says my email address does not exist?  

Did you create a self serve account?

If not click link below.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you did and it's not working. Try forgot password. If still unable. Contact moderators.

Simon.JPG

otoolerj

I woke up this morning and everything was approved and I have service but no access to my account.  It says my email address does not exist?  

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

Meanwhile you should clear your browser cache and open a new tab using private/incognito mode.

I see what you did there! 😉  👍 

@Clive2 wrote:

Whatever personally I would call explain my position see what they had to say, to tell new members don't call they cant help you is so negative, let the new members call and access the response

It is negative and misleading to point them in a wrong direction. I may as well tell them to get out on the street and ask random people for help.

Again, that line is for port issues only.

@Clive2 wrote:

Whatever personally I would call explain my position see what they had to say, to tell new members don't call they cant help you is so negative, let the new members call and access the response

No, it's the reality of Public Mobile's business model. If you are stuck at the activation stage like the OP the Public Mobile moderators are the only people that can help. The advice to call that number for this problem is misleading and a waste of time for everyone involved.

Public Mobile is an online-only provider and does NOT offer phone support, period. If you are looking for customer service over the phone you are at the wrong place. The fact that the people at that number might be able to help with a very, very specific problem (a stuck port, nothing more, nothing less for PM customers) does not change the fact.

Clive2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do suggest calling Telus port when it's obvious the port is stuck.

It's actually more likely that Koodo could help as they have access to the same system.

But again port department has very specific mandate and don't even access your account. If you ever come as telus customer with more than one issue  including port they will simply deal with the port part then transfer you to another Telus department to deal with account issue

@Clive2 wrote:

Actually what you said was so negative to a new PM and your a O

Actually I don't think it's negative at all

They simply will not help with opening an account, giving an op such a suggestion would lead to more frustration after they are told it can't be done just minutes after being told that it can and also loss of time.

Clive2

Not saying they can solve everything, but you can speak with hands on operators, vs chat, and converse to a situation that suits you, maybe they can point you to a position to resolve your situation.

@Clive2 they can only help if you already initiated port, they can't access your account they can't open the account for you.

It's possible to go to a store to have a staff member help you open it if you buy the sim there.

Clive2

Telus runs the show, not this forum

Clive2

just have to ask the right questions

Clive2

They do help

Clive2

Actually what you said was so negative to a new PM and your a O

@Clive2 wrote:

well they helped me?

They are not supposed to...

@Clive2 wrote:

well they helped me?

Clive, that is the number for the Telus porting centre.

They might have helped your porting situation, but they will not be able to help OP.

The Telus porting centre does not have access to any PM accounts.

OP is trying to activate new accounts. OP can initiate the port requests online.

Clive2

They have a great team

Clive2

nothing wrong in asking

Clive2

well they helped me?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yes try using your sim before proceeding.

If that's not working give it an hour, then try in incognito mode with clean cache

Don't forget to use referral code to get $10 credit

After you setup the first one, log into your selfserve to get your own referral code so you can use it for your children's accounts. You will be getting $1 off monthly for it. It will be in the top right area.

Welcome to public mobile

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@otoolerj First, make sure you did not get charged if you got to the payment step. If not, try again later as you have to wait for that session to die in an hour or so. 

Always use private/incognito browsing mode so chances of errors is less. 

Need Help? Let's chat.