cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to reset my account had my phone stolen and now cannot access account to change SIM cards.

Stone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am having an issue getting a decent response to change my SIM card.  I recently had my phone stolen and thus have lost my SIM card as well. I am a working professional and need my phone up and running despite this unfortunate circumstance. I have provided the moderators with all available information and still have not gotten any fix to the issue. I have even purchased a new SIM card. I have recently paid for my monthly plan but fell at wits end. It almost seems at this point that it will be easier to just switch plans and providers to get my phone going quicker. I am hoping someone can help sooner because if not by tomorrow I will have no choice.  Don’t know what else to do 

9 REPLIES 9

Stone,  all you can do now is wait for response.  Sometimes, this can take a couple of days.   Porting out to a different carrier would get your phone number working, but that would likely go more smoothly if you know your Public Mobile account number.  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Stone Stop gap measure to consider is an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Tough spot; hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Crash2 wrote:

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

In case you missed it the customer has said: "I have provided the moderators with all available information and still have not gotten any fix to the issue.". Another message won't help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Stone

Thank you

Crash2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

Patience @Stonethe moderator-team will answer you.

@Stone

That is frustrating.  The reset password function does not work for everyone.  It really should since it would solve many issues and shorten moderator work load.  

Unfortunately, you will need to wait for moderator help.  Hopefully, they will get hold of you tomorrow as they stopped working for the evening.  Start working at 9 AM EST tomorrow.  

Stone

Thank you for the response! I tried to reset my password but it’s showing me a message that it cannot send a password link to my email. However I know that my email is correct so therefore I still cannot access my account. I have spoken with the moderator and given all of my information as of last night around 9pm but then received no further response. Another message today around noon but asking me for the same information again. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Stone

Are you able to access your self service account?  If you are able to, you should be able to switch the SIM card by yourself without the need of moderator help.  If you are unable to access your self service account, you can try to reset your password and if still unable to access, you will need moderator help.  

If you are able to access self service account, choose Plans and add on tab, then  Change SIM card tab, enter new SIM card number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.