cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port over a number from voip.ms for over 2 weeks

Gosok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to port over a number from VOIP.MS for over 2 weeks now.  First I went thru the self-serve page and the request failed, so I sent a message to the Mods and a couple of different Mods have tried to help with the request, and according to the Mods the requests "keep failing" even though all info appears to be correct.

So I contacted VOIP.MS asking if they see the requests coming thru and they said they did, and here is their answer exactly.

"We were advised by our carrier that the order is rejected because the new carrier is asking to disconnect services our carrier do not provide. The request will be confirmed once they send it only with the phone number porting. Please have your new carrier correct this and resubmit this order for it to be approved."

I went back to the Mods and showing them this same message, but they seem to have a hard time understanding it.

So I want to ask if there is any other avenue I can contact someone to help with this request?  Everytime I send a message to the Mods, it takes a day or two to get  a reply and this whole thing has been on going for over 2 weeks now.  Is ther a booth or retailer I can visit who can do it for me on the spot?  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

If voip.ms is a US  service (??), perhaps they don't do things the same way.

Montreal (they also have an office in Mexico, but they're Canadian).

=aw

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with @Anonymous when they said "It could be that since ports are usually between canadian companies, and once a number is ported out, the old account is closed off (unless there are other numbers attached to that account).  If voip.ms is a US  service (??), perhaps they don't do things the same way."

When you first when to activate your SIM, did it give you any error message when you entered your IMEI? If not and since you're still having an issue, as much as it's a pain in the butt, I would just start with a new number with Public Mobile. I wanted to transfer my old number from Virgin Mobile but honestly, it was a pain to deal with them in the first place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gosok, Unfortunately, there is no retail location to get help with a Public Mobil account issue.  The moderators are the ones to deal with this sort of thing.  Perhaps one of the more senior moderators would be best suited to help in this case.  Might be worth mentioning in your next message to them.  It could be that since ports are usually between canadian companies, and once a number is ported out, the old account is closed off (unless there are other numbers attached to that account).  If voip.ms is a US  service (??), perhaps they don't do things the same way.

Need Help? Let's chat.