cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to port number from Koodo but SIMon chatbot ticket form is broklen

Hi Public Mobile Community,

I just bought a Public SIM card and have activated it with a new phone number. I would like to port my Koodo phone number over to Public but when I when to the SIMon chatbot it gave me a link to a Submit Ticket Form that was broken(I wouldn't submit).

What other ways of support can I access to port my Koodo phone number over to Public Mobile?

Thank you for your support,

Marcu

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Trying to port number from Koodo but SIMon chatbot ticket form is broklen

@marcu wrote:

I just bought a Public SIM card and have activated it with a new phone number. I would like to port my Koodo phone number over to Public but when I when to the SIMon chatbot it gave me a link to a Submit Ticket Form that was broken(I wouldn't submit).

What other ways of support can I access to port my Koodo phone number over to Public Mobile?

Marcu

@marcu  Because your number is Koodo prepaid you need to provide your Koodo account number, name on the account and phone number to the PM moderators and they will initiate the port for your.

Click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@marcu wrote:

Marcu

@marcu  Because your number is Koodo prepaid you need to provide your Koodo account number, name on the account and phone number to the PM moderators and they will initiate the port for your.

Click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

image.png

This is the form I am referring to.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@marcu  If you are having problems with SIMON then just use the link that I provided above.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

If the Simon is not letting you through to moderators you can contact them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

Uhm.... did I miss something obvious again, because I've read it a few times, and I haven't seen the OP say it was a prepaid Koodo account?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder  Oh probably....chances are the OP told simon it was prepaid which is why simon directed him to contact the moderators. It's too bad no one told him that he could activate with a temporary number. But being that were all hoping for some love from public mobile today it's better that he doesn't activate at least until today.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Oh probably....chances are the OP told simon it was prepaid which is why simon directed him to contact the moderators. It's too bad no one told him that he could activate with a temporary number. But being that were all hoping for some love from public mobile today it's better that he doesn't activate at least until today.

@darlicious The OP did in fact activate his sim with a temp number. It's when he tried to port his Koodo number via selfserve that he had the problem.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious The OP did in fact activate his sim with a temp number. It's when he tried to port his Koodo number via selfserve that he had the problem.

Yes, but does that NECESSARILY mean the OP has a prepaid Koodo account?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Yes, but does that NECESSARILY mean the OP has a prepaid Koodo account?

@CannonFodder  Yes...because a specific message is given to users when they try to port a koodo prepaid or a former pc mobility prepaid number.