cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port number from Koodo but SIMon chatbot ticket form is broklen

marcu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public Mobile Community,

I just bought a Public SIM card and have activated it with a new phone number. I would like to port my Koodo phone number over to Public but when I when to the SIMon chatbot it gave me a link to a Submit Ticket Form that was broken(I wouldn't submit).

What other ways of support can I access to port my Koodo phone number over to Public Mobile?

Thank you for your support,

Marcu

12 REPLIES 12

Kaygirly

When you're first setting up your phone, it'll give u an option to transfer the number... U may be able to go back into your online setup to port over.

ddufour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,  Are you using the same Koodoo phone?  When I ported my number from my previous cell phone provider Bell, I kept it active and had to call them to have them "release" my number and also email me a "code" that would allow me to use another SIM card other than BELL in my phone....  THEN, after doing all that, I then replaced my old sim with my Public Mobile SIM and began following the instructions on Public Mobile Site regarding activation.  The transition was perfect.   Data, etc began working in stages so to speak, but within a couple of hours, everything was working.  If you requested a new phone number when setting up your Public Mobile SIM, that may be what's happening with issues porting the number from Koodo...

Hope this helped   

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Oh probably....chances are the OP told simon it was prepaid which is why simon directed him to contact the moderators. It's too bad no one told him that he could activate with a temporary number. But being that were all hoping for some love from public mobile today it's better that he doesn't activate at least until today.

@darlicious The OP did in fact activate his sim with a temp number. It's when he tried to port his Koodo number via selfserve that he had the problem.

Yes, but does that NECESSARILY mean the OP has a prepaid Koodo account?

@CannonFodder  Yes...because a specific message is given to users when they try to port a koodo prepaid or a former pc mobility prepaid number.

Ok then, so because the OP went to SIMon for help, the assumption is being made that it's a Koodo prepaid account, even though the OP never said as much?

@CannonFodder wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Oh probably....chances are the OP told simon it was prepaid which is why simon directed him to contact the moderators. It's too bad no one told him that he could activate with a temporary number. But being that were all hoping for some love from public mobile today it's better that he doesn't activate at least until today.

@darlicious The OP did in fact activate his sim with a temp number. It's when he tried to port his Koodo number via selfserve that he had the problem.

@CannonFodder  Yes...because a specific message is given to users when they try to port a koodo prepaid or a former pc mobility prepaid number.

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@marcu  Because your number is Koodo prepaid you need to provide your Koodo account number, name on the account and phone number to the PM moderators and they will initiate the port for your.

Uhm.... did I miss something obvious again, because I've read it a few times, and I haven't seen the OP say it was a prepaid Koodo account?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If the Simon is not letting you through to moderators you can contact them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@marcu  If you are having problems with SIMON then just use the link that I provided above.

marcu

image.png

This is the form I am referring to.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marcu wrote:

Hi Public Mobile Community,

I just bought a Public SIM card and have activated it with a new phone number. I would like to port my Koodo phone number over to Public but when I when to the SIMon chatbot it gave me a link to a Submit Ticket Form that was broken(I wouldn't submit).

What other ways of support can I access to port my Koodo phone number over to Public Mobile?

Thank you for your support,

Marcu

@marcu  Because your number is Koodo prepaid you need to provide your Koodo account number, name on the account and phone number to the PM moderators and they will initiate the port for your.

Click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.