cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get old number

Letscuttlefish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. So I lived in Vancouver from 2010-2014, then left for a few years. I just came back and signed up for Public Mobile and I wanted to have my old phone number if somehow possible. It’s a long shot, but the guy at the counter told me to try. Is 604-***-**** an available number? And if it is, can I switch my number to that so that all my old accounts etc could be associated with that number still?

thanks!

(changed number to asterix on advice after I recieved a message from the moderator)

5 REPLIES 5

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Who was your provider when you were in Vancouver before?  It goes back to the originating provider after a certain amount of time I think.  It has probably been reasigned.  Have you logged into your self serve and got to change phone number and see if you can find it that way?

@ShawnC13

Good idea with the suggestion, but unfortunately, there is a huge difference in the ability to search for specific numbers during activation versus using the change number tool in the self-serve.  PM shows plenty of numbers to choose from only at activation time.  If you don't like the first 5 numbers they show you, you can continue clicking to add further batches of 5 to the first. They'll also let you do a custom search for availability by last 4 digits at this point.

However, if you want to change number, they will only show you five choices at a time, and no last 4 digits search. Unlike during activation, refreshing the list here (a clunky procedure in itself) will not add another 5 numbers, but will instead replace the previous 5 with another batch, making it a laborious if not virtually a hopeless search if you need a specific number.  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Letscuttlefish,

Thank you for reaching out to us  and welcome back!

Please check your private message I wrote you a message. 

We will try and investigate your case!

P.S : Thank you to the community for reaching out to Letscuttlefish. That's great!

Best regards,

Lamie

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Letscuttlefish Here it’s a public forum...no personal information... if you want to hide it click on the 3 dots right up in your message and change...here we are customers like you so we don’t have access to phone number or your account if you need more help you can write a message to the moderator... envelopp right up in this page and write moderator_team in send to and ask your question... WELCOME BACK to Vancouver and welcome back to public mobile!!

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd call the number just to see if you it's in use. If it is, no point in going further. 

GC 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Letscuttlefish wrote:

Hi. So I lived in Vancouver from 2010-2014, then left for a few years. I just came back and signed up for Public Mobile and I wanted to have my old phone number I’d somehow possible. It’s a long shot, but the guy at the counter told me to try. Is 604-619-4647 an available number? And if it is, can I switch my number to that so that all my old accounts etc could be associated with that number still?

thanks!

Who was your provider when you were in Vancouver before?  It goes back to the originating provider after a certain amount of time I think.  It has probably been reasigned.  Have you logged into your self serve and got to change phone number and see if you can find it that way?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.