I tried to make my husband account baught

him a sun card

made

an account for him and payed for it but

it didnt Work!! Maybe his phone wasnt

Compandable idk … public

mobile charged me twice and my hubby’s phone still

doest work!! So

disappinting I have been waiting for Telus to call us back for  3 hours now very fustrating !! 

22 REPLIES 22

Gossipgirl-86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank u everyone for ur help everything is fixed mostly !! I’ll deal with the little things later .. thanks again for the advise and comments !!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gossipgirl-86 wrote:

him a sun card

made

Compandable idk … public

doest work!! So

disappinting I have been waiting for Telus to call us back for  3 hours now very fustrating !! 

@Gossipgirl-86 

Okay, so it sounds like you ported a phone number from Virgin into Public Mobile.

Did you receive a text from Virgin to approve the port?

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

In the meantime, try one or more of the below to see if you can trigger any services:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

I wouldn’t worry too much about being charged twice. That will be able to be sorted out by a CSA if indeed it really happens. Quite often a “place holder” is put against a credit cord and then the actual charge comes through making it look as though you have been charged twice. But in a couple of says the original charge disappears. 

We’re you doing anything on your account like trying to hang plans or anything? It is possible to renew an account early (immediately) by changing plans or you can select to change plans at your next normal renewal. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 : Can you post screenshots of your overview page and your payment history from here. Blank out personal info of course. 1000 words and all that.

And maybe also of your husbands account.

Can you try either SIM in either phone?

Gossipgirl-86

My husband is not helping much either so he is on his own now !! Iam just upset that I got charged twice extra setting up his

account and not working and recently random 28$ when they said my due day is the 29th how can I get that back!! Iam very new at this my old provider was virgin and never had a problem but this provider

is supposed to be much cheaper ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 : This is a hands-on, self-serve kinda place. You're showing that you can post questions and responses here so that's half the battle. Others have asked questions of you or ideas to try things. Yet others have directed you to the actual customer service people in the chatbot getting to Submit ticket.

We are all fellow customers trying to help you get to the bottom of the problem or to guide you in asking exactly what you need from those customer support people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 

@Gossipgirl-86 wrote:

Want the public mobile phone number please!! I want to talk to a real person thanks or iam cancelling 

As was already mentioned, there is NO phone number for Public mobile support.  All support is done using private messages with customer support agents, or through Simon chatbot.  This is not a secret.  It is mentioned on the web site.  If you insist on speaking to someone, then you will probably need to cancel.

I guess you will have to cancel then. It is spelled out quite clearly that there is NO phone support and no one to call. And Telus won’t call you either, you are a Public Mobile customer. We are just customers here who basically help people out for very little reward but you aren’t answering any of the questions we are asking you.

what doesn’t work?

phone calls in?

phone calls out?

text messages in?

text messages out?

Mobile data (not wifi)

AE_Collector

Gossipgirl-86

Want the public mobile phone number please!! I want to talk to a real person thanks or iam cancelling 

If you activated PM's SIM and you have no service, do you have another unlocked phone where you can try that SIM.

What it says on My Account (PM) when you log in into it?
Is your account active?

Lets go step by step. We can resolve most issues here in Community, no need to jump at CSA right away.

@Gossipgirl-86 you didn't mentioned it clearly

first of all, if you already activated "twice", no need to activate 3rd time.  But you confirmed that PM took the money from the CC and not just reserved fund on the CC?

Also, are you porting number from another phone company or you pick brand new number in PM?

What kind of phone are you putting your Public SIM into?  brand and model?  was it used on another provider before?

what message you see on the phone? Anything like No Network?  SIM not provisioned?

@Gossipgirl-86 wrote:

him a sun card

made

Compandable idk … public

doest work!! So

Calling Telus won't help, nor will they call you back.  If you wish to have the convenience of callng a Telus Mobility call centre for customer service, you'll have to be a Telus Mobility customer. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@Gossipgirl-86   PM does not have a phone for tech support.  You would need to submit a ticket to a CSA.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 wrote:

I would like to call and talk to a human what would be the phone number to this

angency please ??? I have been waiting for Telus for 3 hours now!!

@Gossipgirl-86 

at public mobile customer service only by Private Messages support no phone call no Email,

or you can try to do Live Chat with agent Online Activation Assistance

HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00am - 8:00pm EST,

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent , only way to getting help..

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gossipgirl-86  Unfortunately PM does not offer any phone support. The options spelled out above (messaging the agent or creating a ticket using the chat bot) would be your best bet to reach a PM employee to get this resolved.

Gossipgirl-86

I would like to call and talk to a human what would be the phone number to this

angency please ??? I have been waiting for Telus for 3 hours now!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 wrote:

Need to switch IMEI # to his I phone but don’t no how to do it ?? Don’t want to get charged 3 times 

@Gossipgirl-86 

You can dial *#06# on your phone to get your IMEI number...

How to find the IMEI number on your Android phone:
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
  2. Scroll down and tap on About Phone.
  3. Scroll down and you will find the number under IMEI.

How to find the IMEI number on your iphone visit Here link. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 

you getting a new number or Transfer old number
if for Transferring,

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

*if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Gossipgirl-86

Need to switch IMEI # to his I phone but don’t no how to do it ?? Don’t want to get charged 3 times 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What brand and model of phone ?  Log into self serve account and check the status.  Try turning off the phone and back on.  Try removing the sim and put it back in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 

if your husband device working with Telus then is will working with public mobile,

For Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gossipgirl-86 

Accepted payments for activation (publicmobile.ca)

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent , and Explain your issue to
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.