cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel account without SIM and account online

i821
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all, I have recently purchased a SIM card with service for a relative that was visiting for a short period. They have since returned to their country along with the SIM card she was using.

I had not realize I needed the SIM card to create an online account for the self-serve function until after she had left (text verification is needed). The SIM does not have service in their home country, meaning the text verification will not be received.

How do I go about teminating the plan without the SIM card available? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

i821

15 REPLIES 15

i821

Thank you everyone for the help. 

I have sent a PM to the Moderator Team but have yet to hear back. It has been a few days. Do they usually take a while to get back to you? 

Thanks,

i821

Anonymous
Not applicable

@surreyboz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

In fact, there is no procedure in place to actually manually cancel service that I know of.  

Then that is your fact 🙂

The ToS do make mention of contacting them to cancel service.

Seriously this is Prepaid Service, there is no Cancelation of service needed what so ever. You simply stop paying and you will have no service. Worse case scenario flush the Sim down the toilet after you stop paying. Done. 

Um...don't shoot the messenger. It's there in the ToS. I agree...why bother...but it's there.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@i821 wrote:

Hello all, I have recently purchased a SIM card with service for a relative that was visiting for a short period. They have since returned to their country along with the SIM card she was using.

I had not realize I needed the SIM card to create an online account for the self-serve function until after she had left (text verification is needed). The SIM does not have service in their home country, meaning the text verification will not be received.

Thank you,

i821

If your relative have set up auto pay , then he/she need to login self service account and disable auto pay , remove credit card information. If not in the case, then after 90 days your relative’s account will be closed and SIM card will be deactivated. Otherwise your relative need to contact MOD :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

In fact, there is no procedure in place to actually manually cancel service that I know of.  

Then that is your fact 🙂

Seriously this is Prepaid Service, there is no Cancelation of service needed what so ever. You simply stop paying and you will have no service. Worse case scenario flush the Sim down the toilet after you stop paying. Done. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Then that is your fact 🙂

I'm sure there is way for them to do it, but in the normal course of business, why would that be avialable as a normal procedure when there really is no reason for a customer to request this on a prepaid service?  It's kind of like the request that customers sometimes have about swapping numbers between two different Public Mobile accounts.  Public Mobile could do it, but it's a rule/decision for them not to.

I agree. For prepaid...just stop paying.

I would not equate the two. They have a stated policy of being able to cancel. They make no mention of moving phone numbers between accounts either yay or nay.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Then that is your fact 🙂

I'm sure there is way for them to do it, but in the normal course of business, why would that be avialable as a normal procedure when there really is no reason for a customer to request this on a prepaid service?  It's kind of like the request that customers sometimes have about swapping numbers between two different Public Mobile accounts.  Public Mobile could do it, but it's a rule/decision for them not to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Then that is your fact 🙂

@i821 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 

Do you recall if a credit card was set up to automatically make payments?

If it wasn't set up then the account will just expire and deactivate.

If it was set up then you would need to contact the @Moderator_Team (< Click this) to close the account.

Yes, I used my credit card to set up the plan - it was set up as auto-pay.

I will contact the moderator team for this.

Thank you!

After I wrote that I thought "well...maybe". It might be that you used a credit card to buy the SIM and pay for the first term of service. But maybe you didn't set it to renew after that first 30 days. Why would you kinda thing? The person was leaving soon enough not to bother. So maybe you didn't actually set up the autopay feature.

Or you did 🙂

The lady who had set up the service for me told me I need to cancel the service before the month is over since it was set as auto-pay. I did not realize I can have it as pay-as-you-go. Guess I should have ask for that specifically when I was setting up the service at the store.

Not only was the information that she gave you incorrect, it was just overall bad advice. By her telling you that you need to cancel before the month is over, is sounds to me as if she might have known that this was only a short-term use plan.  There was zero reason to set up autopay.  In hindsight, it's probably easy to see now that you should have just refused to let her do that.  As the plan was being used for such as short time, you actually received no discount in return for setting that up.

In fact, there is no procedure in place to actually manually cancel service that I know of.  The only thing you needed would have to been to turn off Autopay.   Not only do I not understand why she set up Autopay, I do not know why she even entered your credit card into the account, instead of just selling a voucher. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@i821 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 

If it was set up then you would need to contact the @Moderator_Team (< Click this) to close the account.

Thank you!

After I wrote that I thought "well...maybe". It might be that you used a credit card to buy the SIM and pay for the first term of service. But maybe you didn't set it to renew after that first 30 days. Why would you kinda thing? The person was leaving soon enough not to bother. So maybe you didn't actually set up the autopay feature.

Or you did 🙂

The lady who had set up the service for me told me I need to cancel the service before the month is over since it was set as auto-pay. I did not realize I can have it as pay-as-you-go. Guess I should have ask for that specifically when I was setting up the service at the store.

Pay-as-you-go is kinda its own term but yes one can pre-pay manually every 30 days.

Anyway...yup...moderator. You'll need to jump through some verification hoops.

i821

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 

Thank you!

Or you did 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@i821 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 

Thank you!

After I wrote that I thought "well...maybe". It might be that you used a credit card to buy the SIM and pay for the first term of service. But maybe you didn't set it to renew after that first 30 days. Why would you kinda thing? The person was leaving soon enough not to bother. So maybe you didn't actually set up the autopay feature. Think of autopay as auto-renew.

Or you did. 🙂

i821

@Anonymous wrote:

@i821 

Thank you!

@i821 wrote:

Thank you,

i821

Since the Public Mobile service was for someone who was going to leave anyway, I am going to assume that Autopay was never set up on the account.  If that's the case, there's no reason to cancel the service.  You can simply let the plan expire and the account will eventually close itself.

If you did happen to set up Autopay on the account (only reason for that would have been if you planned on keeping the service for yourself afterwards), you need to contact the moderators. That can be done through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@i821 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@i821 You just do not put money in it. The phone number will be deactivated after 90 days after the last cycle ended. You can simply check *611 and see if the phone has been suspended or not. 

Need Help? Let's chat.