cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate my SIM card

Nimbus1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Partly through the getting started process, there are two choices whether I want to keep my old number cell number from Bell or create a new one, I want to keep the number. The next question ask to enter my phone number, I enter the number and am told to enter a valid Canadian number. That's as far as I get. What's the problem?

I try to set up an account and is asked to provide my public mobile phone number. I am not a Public mobile customer yet so don't have a number.

Very confusing, can someone help me with this?

5 REPLIES 5

@Nimbus1 

All the YouTube videos are using the old PM activation form. If you selected a new number then you are on the second page of the form.

If you are still having issues, contact a PM moderator on the SIMon chat button and ask to chat to a moderator.

The moderator may help you with porting your old Bell number but ask.

Hi @Nimbus1 

The account is activated during the sim activation online or after sim activation on the store.

Try this link they should be able to help.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html 

Nimbus1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate with a new number, selected my province, when I went to select my town, it wasn't on the list. That's as far as I got.

It seem like you might have to set up an account before activating the SIM card, to set up an account it ask for a public mobile phone number which I don't have yet.

I am so frustrated with this am going to look for another carrier.

I have my account number from Bell but haven't  seen yet where its required on the "getting started" form.

I went on you tube and it talked about an application form asking about all kind of information being required but I haven't seen it on public mobile website.

Am I the only one having this problem, shouldn't be this difficult to sign up, if so, it must turn off a lot of would be customers.

Any other information you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Nimbus1 

You also have an option of activating with a temporary number and then porting after.

Also what kind of bell number is it, i heard that there are some bell numbers (that include certain business numbers) that cannot be ported. Regular mobile and home numbers should be ok

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nimbus1 , it appears the activation portal glitched.  You could clear the browser cache and try again.  If the system is unable to recognize your current number as valid, you could activate with a new number and then do number porting in a second step.  In any event, this link provides details on the porting process.  Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.