cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to access the SIM network PUK

susanc1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a samsung galaxy j3, and I have just left Bell, called and had my phone unlocked, but when I put the new SIM card in from Public Mobile, it requires a SIM network PUK because the "SIM network PIN blocked".  I've contacted the moderator in a private message, and they responded 14 hours later, but said I need to authenticate my account.  When I entered my email and password to authenticate my account, it says my info is wrong.  I continued trying to enter info, ran out of attempts, so  I tried giving my phone number as a second option, but then they texted my a code, but, of course, I can't access the code because my phone needs a PUK in order to get my phone up and running.  So, they suggested I contact the moderator in a private message, which I did.  I have two questions: Is there another way to access my PUK for my phone? And how long am I going to have to wait in order to have my phone up and running?

8 REPLIES 8

@susanc1 wrote:

Thank you for your help.  You are right. Samsung will give a Master Unlock Code which overrides the request for a PUK.  Once I realized that Public Mobile's SIM was fine (I checked in my daughter's phone), and once Bell's attempts at offering possible PUK's failed, I was left with getting in touch will Samsung.  I phoned, which was more successful than the live chat.

It's not so much that you get to override the SIM Network Unlock PUK.  The SIM Network Unlock PUK and master code are one and the same.  They're just two different names.

susanc1

Thank you for your help.  You are right. Samsung will give a Master Unlock Code which overrides the request for a PUK.  Once I realized that Public Mobile's SIM was fine (I checked in my daughter's phone), and once Bell's attempts at offering possible PUK's failed, I was left with getting in touch will Samsung.  I phoned, which was more successful than the live chat.

susanc1

Thank you for your help.  I tried my SIM in my daughter's phone and it worked.  I called Samsung, and they were able to help.

susanc1

Thank you.  Calling Samsung provided me with the Master Unlock Code for my phone which over-rided the prompt for the PUK.  The Public Mobile SIM worked in my daughter's phone, so you are right, this was not a Public Mobile issue.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you need a PUK code from Samsung.

Samsung is giving unlock codes.   Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page:   http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170 Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your S4 and provide the IMEI & Carrier info In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email. 

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@susanc1 wrote:

I have a samsung galaxy j3, and I have just left Bell, called and had my phone unlocked, but when I put the new SIM card in from Public Mobile, it requires a SIM network PUK because the "SIM network PIN blocked".  I've contacted the moderator in a private message, and they responded 14 hours later, but said I need to authenticate my account.  When I entered my email and password to authenticate my account, it says my info is wrong.  I continued trying to enter info, ran out of attempts, so  I tried giving my phone number as a second option, but then they texted my a code, but, of course, I can't access the code because my phone needs a PUK in order to get my phone up and running.  So, they suggested I contact the moderator in a private message, which I did.  I have two questions: Is there another way to access my PUK for my phone? And how long am I going to have to wait in order to have my phone up and running?

This same question was answered on another thread here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/SIM-network-PIN-Blocked-Enter-SIM-net...

It seens this is due to multiple unlock attempts done incorrectly.  You need it unlocked again by contacting bell or samsung.  If you have a samsung store near by bell store, you can go there to have them help.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Samsung messages are strange.

Do you have another phone (unlocked) you can put the sim in to see if it works and to get the pm sms? 

You could try calling Samsung see if they have a code?

Is it possible you didn't unlock the phone? 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@susanc1 hi you need to contact samsung directly they have a great customer support PM cannot help you with that Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.