cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Activate a new sim card

nebs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a Public Mobile Sim card at Walmart today. I am trying to activate it now. In step 1 of the Public Mobile Online Activation, I always get the message Invalid Sim. My 19 number digit on the back of the sim card is entered correctly. Any suggestions of what to do next?

6 REPLIES 6

nebs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much to all of the above posters. I took the advice offered and tried to register on a new computer in a different browser and it worked.  I did not register the sim in the store and had not yet inserted it in my phone. The problem must have been that I tried to register and received an error message and just kept trying over and over to register, but as noted needed to wait and use a new browser.

Thank you very much for all of your assistance.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Clear out the cashe

Use incognito mode

Compare the number on the sim with the number on the card it was

If it gets locked into the session you have to wait 50 minutes

Welcome to public mobile

PS:

Don't forget to use your friend's referral you both benefit

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, @gblackma is probably right.  I think Walmart activates upon purchase.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nebs 

PM does not clean up the session status very well after error.

Always restart you browser from a fresh session status and try again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nebs wait 50 minutes clear your browser history, going to private/incognito mode and try again. 

Are you sure it wasn't activated in store for you? When you insert the sim into your phone, what happens? If it works create your self service account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe you didn't put the SIM card into your phone quite right.  Maybe try to remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back

Need Help? Let's chat.