cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with incoming calls

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

That's a subject on the french side since last monday..no solution yet...just for you the english side!!Smiley clignant de l'œil

Trouble with incoming calls.

Hello, Since the beginning of my subscription I have difficulties with incoming calls. My most frequent contacts drop directly into my mailbox without even ringing. They do not appear in missed calls and I only get notified if they want to. I have already tried restarting several times and this has no effect on my problem. What is happening? I have a Pixel XL. Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The Mods are pretty quick to respond. Give them a small window...based on my experience they respond in a timely manner.

Cheers,

MJ

Great!!! They will help you for sure!!!Smiley Wink

jenhnz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, and thanks 🙂

I'm still waiting for a response from the Moderator Team -  I've verified myself as asked to do by them, and let them know / copied in to them the confirmation that I have been verified.  

Do you have a problem @jenhnz? can we know about it more? We can try to help you if you want...It's always a solution!!!Smiley Happy

jenhnz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it's not just you - it's a real nuisance - it's not a phone service at all if you can't be reached on an iPhone 8 showing full signal

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A few suggestions:

1. Reboot your phone

2. Monitor the signal strength which is normally located on the top right hand side of your screen. If signal strength is low or non-existent, than it will likely go directly to VM otherwise it should ring.

3. Observe this over the course of a few days and various locations.

Hopefully these approaches will assist it identifying the root cause.

MJ23

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Emilie2,

Thank you for those details, I am starting to feel the issue might be related to the location. A test that could confirm the real root of the issue is trying to receive those calls from a different device.

Try that if you can please.

Thank you 

Great @Emilie2 vous allez avoir toute l'information directement ici!!! Un modérateur a essayé de me rejoindre donc cela ne devrait pas être long qu'il vous rejoigne!!!

Emilie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent  a écrit :

Hello @Lieux,

Sorry to hear about your incoming calls issue.

Is this occurring at the same location or everywhere you go?

Do not hesitate to contact us through private messaging and we will help you better troubleshoot this issue by accessing your account.

Thank you 

My phone is working well while I'm a my office. It occurs mainly at home, usually while I'm in the living room. Maybe it's something with the signal, or all the electricals connects to the roof ? I don't know... I tried everything mentionned here and still, nothing works.

Emilie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@slash407  a écrit :

are u sure its not something simple, like ur in the basement and ur getting a weak signal and the calls aren't going through and going striaght to voicemail

I live on the top floor of a 4-storey building. And no. they are not going straight to my voicemail. I know it's not that because it's not ALL my incoming calls, just a few, basically my main contacts ( father, hubby and sister ), one with videotron, one with telus and one with PM.....

I tried all the suggestions above. Still..... nothing works.

As I said, maybe it's just me.....

That's not me directly...it's on the french side as I said..It's @Emilie2..Please contact her on the french side..Thanks

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Lieux,

Sorry to hear about your incoming calls issue.

Is this occurring at the same location or everywhere you go?

Do not hesitate to contact us through private messaging and we will help you better troubleshoot this issue by accessing your account.

Thank you 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux original Pixel / Pixel XL (I'm assuming you're talking about the 1st generation, from 2016) had some signal issues.  One thing you might suggest trying is to tell the customer to go into their network settings, preferred network type, and set it to 3G only (or 2G/3G).  I'm not sure what options the Pixels show in that menu, but something that includes "3G" or "UMTS" or "WCDMA" and excludes "LTE" or "4G".  

If they are on a full-speed data plan, they will get slower data.  If they are on a "3G" data plan, they may see faster data.  However, tell them to keep an eye on their calls and see if this fixes it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I will give every idea to the customer and I will keep in touch with his subject..

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Have you check that you checked that your phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode? Check your voicemail setting aren't set to accept calls immediatly (like accepting them on the first ring instead of the fifth so there's enough time to answer, they may not go through at all if it's too quick) If it started after a software update you could try rolling back the software to the previous version.If you are using Android O Beta try Settings>Apps & notifications>App Info>Phone Force Stop then Disable.

Check that your SIM card is getting a good connection, you can try putting a piece of tape on the back if you think it's loosing connection. You could try the lost phone trick: go into your account and report your phone as lost, log out, wait 10 minutes, log back in and report it found. Then try: turning off your phone, put it into reset mode (don't reset it) select Clear Cache, and reboot.

If it's still not working you should contact a moderator here:

Include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, account number, name on your account.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EST) to 9pm (EST)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EST) to 7:30pm (EST)

Wait times are currently about 1-2 days

Maybe try putting the SIM card in another phone to determine whether it might be a hardware issues versus Public mobile issue.

The lost/stolen phone trick?  Maybe to reset SIM card/service?

Yes it was check... @stonechucker

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

This could be an issue with the Do Not Disturb (DND) turned on.  Have them check for this.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I will post some messages from the PM customer.

Incoming calls work well when I'm outside the house (for example at the office) and for some callers. In the house, only some callers can not join me and it is not systematic.

It's still not settled.

When I restart, it solves the problem for a moment but it is quickly a problem.

I can not report directly since if users decide not to leave a message, I have no record of these calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.