cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with a number port request

Penderon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

public Mobile has a pending port request my prior carrier cannot comply with (so they say) due to an error in the request - likely this is because I input the IMEI # incorrectly by one digit when signing up for PM services.  So far its been about 24 hours with no contact by PM to correct the problem.  Ultimately the port request will Auto-cancel after 30 days but thats a long wait to resolve the issue.  Is there a way to contact “tech service” For PM?

5 REPLIES 5

Penderon

Thanks everyone for the prompt and helpful suggestions

Penderon

Yes & yes, thanks for the message address/link to the moderator, i have sent a message to the

@Penderon your port wil fail. Resend your information to the moderators. Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.  Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the account number. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Penderon wrote:

public Mobile has a pending port request my prior carrier cannot comply with (so they say) due to an error in the request - likely this is because I input the IMEI # incorrectly by one digit when signing up for PM services.  So far its been about 24 hours with no contact by PM to correct the problem.  Ultimately the port request will Auto-cancel after 30 days but thats a long wait to resolve the issue.  Is there a way to contact “tech service” For PM?

Hi @Penderon ,

Have you already went through the activation process?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate

Is your phone locked? The previous provider should be able to unlock this for you.

Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link if this is a porting issue. Type in subject "issue with porting"

Need Help? Let's chat.