cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble to activate and add credit to new SIM card

julialamassa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new SIM card and a credit of 40CAD. I had 2 problems when activating the card:

1) When I tried to activate the new card it asks me to make a payment online to add credit to it, but I would like to use the previously bought credit. How can I add the credit using the payment voucher instead of buying credit online? (I don't have a Canadian credit card and my international one is not accepted)

2) I started the activation process and then gave up midway. When I try to activate the SIM card again it doesn't recognize the SIM number anymore. How can I get this SIM card activated?

6 REPLIES 6

@julialamassa   When you are ready to try again. Start with a clear browser, use incognito/secret mode in chrome or Firefox as they work best. When you get to the payment page there should be an option for voucher or other. It may be listed with the credit card options. The option does exist just look carefully for it.

@Staliger wrote:

@julialamassa wrote:

I bought a new SIM card and a credit of 40CAD. I had 2 problems when activating the card:

1) When I tried to activate the new card it asks me to make a payment online to add credit to it, but I would like to use the previously bought credit. How can I add the credit using the payment voucher instead of buying credit online? (I don't have a Canadian credit card and my international one is not accepted)

2) I started the activation process and then gave up midway. When I try to activate the SIM card again it doesn't recognize the SIM number anymore. How can I get this SIM card activated?

Wait for an hour or two and try again. In the worst case, if you live close to any of PM stores, you can go there and ask a seller for assistance.

Public Mobile retail locations are not a point of customer support.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@julialamassa wrote:

Wait for an hour or two and try again. In the worst case, if you live close to any of PM stores, you can go there and ask a seller for assistance.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@julialamassa 

You can also try clearing cache or different web browser before trying activation. 

Payment by by voucher for activation of account is definitely possible without needing a credit card. I did it with one of my previous account. Don’t remember the exact details though. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Too bad you couldn't have a dealer do it all for you initially.

Apparently you can get locked out in the activation process. Waiting for 1 hour usually clears that up.

You should be able to apply your voucher in the activation process but I can't tell you exactly how that is done. I hear if many others activating this way.

AE_Collector

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

The sim is probably locked in the session

You will have to wait 50 mins to have it released and restart the process

Best to use incognito mode chrome

For the voucher,I believe there should be easy to select voucher as opposed to credit card as payment

Is there a drop down widow?

Need Help? Let's chat.