cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble signing my sister up.

ThePostman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went through the whole process and after I clicked onto pay but then

I got an error message and it asked me to log in again....I tried to log in using my sister's info and it would not work.

16 REPLIES 16

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ThePostman wrote:

All fixed now !!! Thanks !

Happy for you to have it all fixed now!

ThePostman

All fixed now !!! Thanks !

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ThePostman wrote:

My sister's credit card was charged $0.10....I assume that is just to verify that i is a valid card ?

Good call contacting Mod to push through her attempt to join the service. If I had to speculate it could be an issue as simple as the payment system losing connection for a while. As the process seems automated aside from your compliance it would definately be under the radar for the Mods. 

TheGx

@ThePostman wrote:

Thanks to all....I contacted a Mod and am waiting for a response.

I had to contact moderator too when I new activated and they fixed everything, I hope they fix your problem soon like they fixed mine:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can always check your online credit card account and see if there is a charge there or pending charge  for the price of the plan you had picked and tried to activate for your sister . Typically the transactions are posted within a couple  of hours to your credit card , or at least posted as pending. 

Gregmt

That typicaly is the case with the low charge. 

ThePostman

Thanks to all....I contacted a Mod and am waiting for a response.

Pizzaeh

@ThePostman you really need access to the account to see if the line/SIM was activated.  When I search for that error message, it says to contact the mods, since the 'Forgot your password' doesn't work, that may be the way to go.  Good luck.

ThePostman

I don't want to sign up again in case I get billed twice.

ThePostman

My sister's credit card was charged $0.10....I assume that is just to verify that i is a valid card ?

Gregmt

It seems where the SIM didn't activate the account you tried setting up at the time has be deleted by the system. Go ahead and try to active the sim again ( as long as it was 24 Hours from when you first tried). It should work....and that means creating a whole new online account. 

This worked for me . Cheers 

ThePostman

The sim card has not been activated....she checked with her credit card company and her credit card has not been charged....I tried to log into her account and clicked on forgot password and it says this : An error has occurred. Just a heads up that the security question is case sensitive. Please try again. 

Gregmt

I would try the SIM in your sisters pho e and see if you connect to the Public Mobile Network. If so try a call. If works then you are good to go. All you will need to do is reset the online account . If it does not work try the activation process one more time. If you try this and it says the SIM is already reserved .....don't panic. Wait 24 hours and try the activation once again. This happened to me as you describe and I just had to wait 24 hours and start the activation process once again. All was good the second time around. 

Best of luck. Cheers 

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ThePostman wrote:

I got an error message and it asked me to log in again....I tried her to log in using my sister's info and it would not work.

Try putting in the SIM card and see if it connects to the PM network. If yes then the card is activated.

Pizzaeh

@ThePostman wrote:

I got an error message and it asked me to log in again....I tried her to log in using my sister's info and it would not work.

So you can't log in to the account?  Try reset password, and see if you can get into the account that way.

Check you cc and see if there is a pending payment.  If you see the pending payment, great.  You may still need to setup autopay, for the autopay rewards.

Once you can get into the account, see if the line/SIM has been activated; it may have been activated.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ThePostman wrote:

I'm assuming you tried the forgotten password option already and were unable to verify it is her account via security question etc. 

Message @CS_Agent with the following info.

Her name

Her address

Her pm phone number

Her email

Don't forget to provide details on the "error" you got.

Need Help? Let's chat.