cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting number from Virgin to Public Mobile

noramax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up my account with Public Mobile and tried porting my number from Virgin. I now have an account with Public but my Virgin account is still active, and my number is still with Virgin. Unable to use Public as I have no phone number. ???

5 REPLIES 5

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can call the porting team to investigate the issue***

please click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "missing reward"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

edited by computergeek541: referral code removed

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@noramax :Is your porting problem fixed? You should follow up with everyone here and let us know if you got everything fixed yet. If things fixed, you should choose one of the above posted replies as your accepted solution, to do so click the accepted solution button above the post that helped you most - this will mark this thread you created as solved, and will help others who have similar problems.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@noramax wrote:

I set up my account with Public Mobile and tried porting my number from Virgin. I now have an account with Public but my Virgin account is still active, and my number is still with Virgin. Unable to use Public as I have no phone number. ???

LIke others said, keep the Virgin sim in to wait for the text from them, but quickly check if your Public sim works. Outgoing calls, texts, and data should work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @noramax ,

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@noramax 

Can you send texts or call out from your PM SIM card/phone?

Your port might be stuck. Call the Telus porting team **

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at 1-****to authorize your number transfer

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.
Need Help? Let's chat.