cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting number from Virgin mobile

Cringer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to port my number from Virgin mobile.  I followed the instructions on the self serve, but got a message that said "You entered an incorrect ESN/MEID number."  How do I re-enter it?  I can call and send messages from my phone, but incoming calls go to my old voice mail.

7 REPLIES 7

@Cringer The message about incorect IMEI means that porting has failed. No amount of waiting will fix this. Updated information must be provide to Public Mobile's moderators before this port will go through.  Also, you're probably better off to use the Virgin account number instead of IMEI.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Cringer wrote:

I'm trying to port my number from Virgin mobile.  I followed the instructions on the self serve, but got a message that said "You entered an incorrect ESN/MEID number."  How do I re-enter it?  I can call and send messages from my phone, but incoming calls go to my old voice mail.

These are symptoms of an incomplete port-in. You cannot re-enter additional data yourself. If you also entered your account number there is a chance the port-in will be ok, BUT if it's been more than 2 hours since you intiated the port, submit a ticket as suggested. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Cringer 

Do you currently have a Public Mobile number and are trying to use the Self-Serve to port your virgin number over?

If this is what you are doing the self serve process does not work you will need to contact a moderator and request a Port. When I ported my mom over from Virgin/Bell I private messaged the Moderators through this link in the subject line I put "Port Request"

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They replied within a couple of hours, They asked for my mom's account number from Virgin and her phone number, they already had her name. Then once I responded the port happened in under 10 mins.

Good luck! This is like the 5th post about virgin customers coming to Public Mobile. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cringer wrote:

@Cringer  Instead of using IMEI best to use your Virgin account  number. To notify PM click  this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator.  Just give them the correct info and they will re-submit your port request.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Cringer  you don't need to enter the imei, but it seems like your port is working. it takes around 2hrs-24hrs for the port to be completed. Do Not Cancel your virgin mobile account

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Cringer it looks  like your port is in progress. It can take up to 3 hours to complete.  Insert your Virgin sim back into the phone to receive calls and texts.  Once it stops getting them your port is complete. An ESN/MEID isn't needed to complete the port. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It will take a few hours for your port to be completed and you should receive a text.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to moderator.

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.