cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating my new plan

ALD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I am having difficutling activiting my new cell phone plan.  The phone I am using is a Samsung Galaxy J 1 (6) SM-J120W.  I have read a few other disuccion posts that gave the impression that other customers were able to activiate this model cell phone.

I have completed the following thus far:

1.)  Activated a new PM account

2.)  Added my new PM SIM card to my phone and restarted it (multiple times)

3.)  I ported successully my old phone number to my new PM plan.

4.) I got the unlock number from my previous mobile carrier and entered it into my cell phone ( I had to locate the prompt in my phone to be able to enter in the unlock code).

5.) I have been also been communicating with a PM moderator all this week.

**I am still receiving the message "No Sim card/Emergency calls Only."

I thought this phone was compatible from the PM that being said it may not be after all.  

I am open to any trouble shooting suggestions.

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you pop the sim in another phone and it works..then it's your phone. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ALDSince your phone is relatively new. If there is a Samsung store near you, you can bring it over for the staff to have a once over.

ALD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello GinYVR,

I have used the PM SIM card in another mobile phone and it worked. So the problem does not appear to be with the SIM car.

As for the Moderator, She has reponded promptly and has been helping me narrow where the problem may be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALD 

The phone appears to be compatible.

It should have prompted for the unlock code at start up with the SIM in. Did you get any kind of confirmation of it being unlocked?

Perhaps shut the phone down. Remove SIM. Restart phone. Shut it down. Insert SIM. Restart phone. 

What are the moderators doing for you?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ALDI would suggest swap your SIM card to another phone to see if the SIM card is working correctly. There are instances that the SIM card not being activated correctly on the Public Mobile's side.

Just note if it indeed is a Public Mobile issue, it will take the moderators a while to get back to you.. one of the problems of being the lowest of priorities in the Telus corporation. So it is best for you to have patience.

Need Help? Let's chat.