cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating SIM card

bluebear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an old public mobile sim car from a year ago that I deactivated. I'm trying to reactivate it to rejoin public mobile but it's saying my sim card is invalid. Any way I can get this reactivated?

6 REPLIES 6

Don't forget to put someones phone number for the referral and you'll get a 10$ credit on your new account! 

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to Walmart, get a SIM. It is free if activated there. WOW doesn't do free PM SIM even if activated right there.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bluebear simcards once activated can not be activated a second time.  you need to go to walmart ,wow mobile and buy a sim card for 10$ Or you can order them online.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After 90 days of no funds being added to a Public Mobile account , the account is closed. Any SIM associated with that account then becomes deactivated and a new SIM would have to be purchased to active service on their network. 

Cheers . 

@bluebear wrote:

I have an old public mobile sim car from a year ago that I deactivated. I'm trying to reactivate it to rejoin public mobile but it's saying my sim card is invalid. Any way I can get this reactivated?

I can confirm what @MandyJ was saying. Once an account is closed, the sim card associated with it will no longer function, and cannot be resused.  You will need to get a new one.  When you activate again, this will be treated as a new activation.  You'll need to use a different e-mail address than your previous Public Mobile account.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From what I'm reading in past posts on this forum, I believe you can no longer use the SIM card if it's from a year ago. It seems that you can only reuse the SIM card if it's been less than 90 days and if you haven't ported your number.

Someone else might have more information to confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.