cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to port my phone number from Telus. Now, both telus sim and PM sim is not working.

Yuennie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi  @Moderator_Team

I tried to port my phone number from Telus, which is still active. It's been more than 3hrs and both my telus sim and PM sim is not working. Something may have gone wrong or I may have done it incorrectly. I would like to know how I can fix this.

7 REPLIES 7

nannuvirdi

I would try to call Telus first and make sure your number is active. If yes, then login to your Public mobile account and click on change phone number and follow the instructions. If your Public mobile sim isn't working then i would suggest to get a brand new sim.

Yuennie
Spoiler
Nothing happened. The call just ends without any message.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yuennie  No matter who is your carrier, consider getting the app from Fongo or TextNow as backup. On wifi, or cellular data, both provide free Canada wide calling, and free (or almost) sms. 

@Yuennie wrote:

Hi  @Moderator_Team

I tried to port my phone number from Telus, which is still active. It's been more than 3hrs and both my telus sim and PM sim is not working. Something may have gone wrong or I may have done it incorrectly. I would like to know how I can fix this.

I'm not sure this is a porting issue. There could be one, but the fact that your sim card doesn't work at all indicates that there are deeper issues with your account.

Outgoing calls, data, outgoing text messages, and incoming text messages from Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile customers should have started working immediately.

In the past, there has been a long standing problem for some customers who ported at the same time as the activation procedure. What can sometimes happen is your Public Mobile account gets opened, but service is never acivated. The number port then goes through on a Public Mobile account that is open but has no service.  If that's what happened, the moderators need to fix that.

The fact that your Telus sim card stopped working probably means that number porting is complete.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Yuennie  Restart your phone or switch airplane mode on and off. What happens when you dial 611 from your phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yuennie wrote:

Hi  @Moderator_Team

Porting from Telus is almost instant.  You port may be stuck.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Port stuck"
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Yuennie Looks like something gone wrong with the porting process. Please reach out to the moderator team via one of two ways described below:

If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account specific issue, then it’s time to contact our super-knowledgeable Moderator Team.Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.