cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried Signing up and Failed

Joce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried signing up for Public Mobile. I went through all the steps and on the final "Proceed" button, it thought for a bit and then gave me a Generic Error. It says oh no, it looks like something went wrong but dont panic. Log out and then back in again to continue. Or return to the log in page.

It did not create my account because I can not log into it. I then tried to go through the steps again, but it now says the PM sim card is being used.

What am I supposed to do?

10 REPLIES 10

Gatien13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I receive 2 answer from my 2 first message But nothing from the last 2 since yesterday..   😕

Murco

@Gatien13 

In the future I would recommend only sending 1 message. Good Luck. Hopefully you hear back tommorow.

@Joce wrote:

This worked. Thank you for the help

Fantastic that you were able to proceed!  Maybe in future Public Mobile will fix the sign up page.

Gatien13

Yep, 4 times since wednesday, but no answer today!    

Murco

@Gatien13 Did you contact a moderator?

Gatien13

I have the same problem since wednesday night. How can I receive a text if my cell activation dosen’t work?

they took the $ for my choice but nothing’s work!??   Can you help me?

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is what I love about this community! It took less than 15 minutes to get a response that resulted in a solution to the original poster's query. 

And on top of that it is a common question that pops up here quite often - handled very professionally without any snarky comments like "just use the search function".

Then people complain about no phone support - I bet that most providers are not open at this time and if they were there could be a huge backlog on a Friday night.

Joce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked. Thank you for the help

@Joce 

If you were not charged, and your service is not working. Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Joce wrote:

Hi,

I tried signing up for Public Mobile. I went through all the steps and on the final "Proceed" button, it thought for a bit and then gave me a Generic Error. It says oh no, it looks like something went wrong but dont panic. Log out and then back in again to continue. Or return to the log in page.

It did not create my account because I can not log into it. I then tried to go through the steps again, but it now says the PM sim card is being used.

What am I supposed to do?

@Joce  Check your payment method, was it charged?

Put in the sim card to your phone is it working?

If the card was charged + phone is working, go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.