cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling / moving

Danielamichalsk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

At the end of the month I will be driving from Toronto to Burnaby. 

1) will there be any overcharges for travelling (out of my region)

2) do i need to change my number once I am there ? 

I just want to know if i should be aware of any charges. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Black friday deals happen in late November, may not be able to wait that long.

@darlicious 

@Danielamichalsk will be so busy trying to figure out which way to turn to wave Upon arrival to the “lower mainland” of BC that the cost of buying or renting somewhere to live will be put of until a bit later in the day!

AE_Collector 

@Danielamichalsk 

Welcome to BC.....you know what that stands for right? Bring Cash! Ok seriously though  there are no extra charges at public mobile. Once you've moved and settled in you can decide if you want to change your number. Chances are you will only be offered phone numbers with the newest area code (236) so you have a couple of other options to consider.....

1. If you change to a bc phone number you will save 1% in pst from Ontario.
  2. If you choose an Alberta phone number you will only have to pay gst 5%.
  3. If you don't have any significant rewards on your account you may want  to activate a new plan with a new number during the black friday sale. If it's anything like last years  you can score a really good deal and some freebies from public mobile.

If you come downtown on the sky train just before you pull into the main street/science world station wave hello I'm just up the hill on the south side (mountains are north!)

So to sum up... check to see if you have a Provincial calling or a Canada calling plan. Then let us know and we can give you the recommendations based on that without overloading you with useless info and what ifs. Also let us know what plan you DO have (Cost per 30 days and amount of data) as this may be the time to upgrade and go Canada wide.

Wave on your way across the Port Mann bridge between Surrey to Coquitlam just before You get to Burnaby. I’m on the side of the hill in Coquitlam.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Danielamichalsk 

PM is prepaid service.  PM does not have pay-per-use.  If you don't pay ahead, you will not get the service.  There will not be any extra change if PM system let you do.

You don't have to change your number if you don't want to.  It is up to you.

@Danielamichalsk wrote:

Hi!

Thanks. 

There are never overages charges at Public Mobile. You have to prepay for anything that you do with your service.  I strongly suggest not changing your phone number just for a trip, or anything short term unless you're sure that you're going to be staying there because once you do that, you won't get your old phone number back.

Assuming that you have a Toronto number, anyone who tries to call you will be calling to Toronto, even if they're standing next to you. When it come to you making or receiving phone calls, the travelling won't make any difference if your plan includes Canada-wide calling. if your plan only is includes province-wide calling, you'll only be able to call within the same province that you're in at that moment unless you purchase a long distance add-on.

For text messgage and data usage, it's all the same no matter where you are in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danielamichalsk wrote:

Hi!

Thanks. 

1. No overage charges here.

2. Entirely optional. Callers are the ones to bear any long distance. Not you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Danielamichalsk wrote:

Hi!

Thanks. 

If your plan has Canada Wide calling there will be no issues.  Once you are in Burnaby you will still be able to call anywhere in Canada (if you have a Canada wide plan) if a Provincial plan you can call anywhere in BC as a local call.  The downside is any landline or Provincial only calling plan in BC will have to call you long distance, but Toronto people will still be able to call you as if you were a local number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.