cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel usage

LifeWorthLiving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone!

Is there a way to use these plans as I travel across Canada? Do I need to be local in my area to use phone mins or can I use the phone as I travel? My other provider would charge Long distance charges if I was in another province calling back to my home province. Just trying to pre-plan and not have any surprises 🙂

Thank you for your help 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LifeWorthLiving   Public mobile has two type of calling plans provincial and canada wide.

if you joined on a premaid plan you probably canada wide calling.  if you used the plan builder when you created your plan you might have provincial or canada wide.  

do you know what plan you have?

either way

1) if you have a canada wide plan you can use your minutes anywhere in canada to anywhere in canada or if you have a long distance plan to where the plan permits.

20 if you have a provincial plan you can receive calls where ever in canada you are (as long as you have reception) but you can only call the province you are in, unless you have one of the calling addons (500 mins, 200 mins canada/usa, 400 mins 18 countries international calling)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LifeWorthLiving wrote:

Hey everyone!

Is there a way to use these plans as I travel across Canada? Do I need to be local in my area to use phone mins or can I use the phone as I travel? My other provider would charge Long distance charges if I was in another province calling back to my home province. Just trying to pre-plan and not have any surprises 🙂

Thank you for your help 🙂 

@LifeWorthLiving All PM Canada wide calling plans allow you to call and teceive calls from anywhete in Canada without incurring any additional costs.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can use your phone anywhere in Canada! No additional fees. 

LeafLife
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great Question! I am curious as well about this for future travel.

Need Help? Let's chat.