Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

Thank you Smiley Happy 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m not sure where to make this suggestion, but it would have been helpful to know I would need my Telus Account # before I began the Activation process. I had everything else. That could be included in the Before You Get Started info on the Activation page. I had to leave the process to get that, and when I went back, I had to start all over again. Which then meant I had to wait the 50 minutes the SIM card # was being held for on my 1st attempt. Everything else was pretty seamless, though the APN issue threw me for awhile. However, I got through it (I’m quite proud of myself over that!) and all seems to be working very well. I’m delighted!

Glad it worked for you ...it didnt for me and I have been waiting for someone to assist me for 5 hours. I transferred last night and got this message

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the

login page so all in all it has charged my credit card but I have no line.

They are the worst at getting back. It takes forever 

I have sent them a message, I still have not heard back. Is this normally how long they take? I havent been able to use my phone for a week. Why not just do it at their booth where I bought the sim. So frustrated. @Moderator_Team

Public Mobile has no physical locations with support.  you must wait for the response from the Moderator Team.

The retailers on sell SIM cards, and in the case of Walmart, force you most of the time to activate in store.  Other retailers let you only buy the sim alone, if you wish.  These retailers have limited access to support for activations, and zero access to support after activation.

As you’ve attempted the activation yourself, you’re doing the right thing by sending the message as you’ve already done.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Trying to transfer from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile. Sent message to Mods, is that the proper and only way to do it? @Moderator_Team

Mayor / Maire

@bud21ca wrote:

Trying to transfer from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile. Sent message to Mods, is that the proper and only way to do it? @Moderator_Team

Yes. But through private message not just tagging here.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes I sent a Private message earlier. Thanks

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did transfer my number from freedom mobile to public Mobile and I am so happy