Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

littleburger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ypu can transfer you number to public mobile as long as ur old fido number is still activate but i don't think u can keep or transfer you reminding balance to PM since they are different company. And you need your Fido account number for port in

Leda
Yes you can transfer your actual phone number.

jeff-josh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you can transfer your fido but lets be realistic here...you are on another totally different company program. You cannot expect any company to accept the responsibility of your previous provider. So in other words...NO.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's great news, welcome to PM 🙂

PMcNamara16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile and transferred my mobile number from my other carrier. Process took not even a half an hour. Super fast and easy!

@bkamali Suggest you copy, then delete this post, then repost under a brand new topic. You will get better support from us that way.

In the meantime, check the following and add the results to your new post:

- are you creating a brand new acount for your wife or adding her SIM to your account?

- are you transfering your ACANAC number to an existing account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bkamali

MOHSIN123000

its nice service and it save lots of money too

@AndroidDav3 That's it; voicemail PIN. To be safe make a note of your Bell account number in case porting hangs up and you can send it to PM. If you are moving a landline it can take several days, not hours. Your Bell SIM will function until the port is complete; don't close your Bell account, it will cancel after the port.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

AndroidDav3

One more question about Porting a phone # from another provider, there is a 'PIN:' field in the porting screen of Self-Serve. I am assuming this is the PIN number for my Bell voicemail?

I will be porting from Bell, and other than voicemail I don't have any other PIN# attached to my account.

Should the Voicemail PIN be enetered in this field, or better to leave blank?

tylejami335

I thought this would be a great question for me to answer! 

Just like you, I've switched from WIND in the past three weeks. I'm loving Public Mobile!

Is your account paid up to date with Wind? That's one thing that could cause a problem.

Or I would simply try to port the number again if you're waiting to activate your new SIM card.

Another thing to try would be to activate the SIM card with a new number. You can always go into your account settings and port your exsiting number afterwards.

I never had problems with porting my number from WIND. It took under five minutes to be complete.

Give those solutions a try, and come back if you need more advice :)!

- Tyler J.

kizilahmet
Hello, I tried to transfer my wind mobile phone number I was at the page where it's asking account number and I filled out everything then pressed continue its says unable to do right now please go to the public mobile community so what is the solution here

Kmcmahon

I tried to port a number from PC mobile and not port. What do I do?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Moid_I,

Can you please help @kones with the porting.

kones
Still I didn't get the transfer???

kones
I did the porting
Can you let me know is it ok .

The Key to understanding how PM works is by observation. That alone can give You plenty of insight to how PM works, Tics, Tocks. Its like Art, at first it starts on empty canvas. But afterwards, you see strokes, and in time, you can make out what PM will become. Its just like Art. Takes time for Final outcome to display on a Fresh Canvas

Look for Email Us. Then you find a page that lists some options, choose None of the above, a Email Application form pops up, fill-in all relevant info, account info, Name, and within 24-48 hrs, PM will email back to you with a response.

Also, Any PM rep, example, with a Orange PM avatar beside their name, you can send a private message to them. Within 24-72 hrs, you will receive response. 

Public Mobile should, as additional layer of reassurance, should heavily consider implementing a form of E-Chat.

MF
I have emailed numerous times but I still cannot port my Rogers home phone number. The line is active and I have provided my billing/service address and account number. This has been going on for over a month. I would like to pm someone, but I am not sure who to pm? Do you know which person to pm?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

HERE'S SOME STANDARD TIPS FOR PORTINGS:

Previous Account where # you WISH to port must be active. That means still enabled, NOT SUSPENDED, CANCELLED

You MUST have all Account Info ready and Handy in order to proceed with the PORTING PROCESS

ONCE PORTING OF LANDLINE IS 110% COMPLETE, ALL WILL RETURN TO NORMAL FUNCTION

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

If YOU port a Landline #, whether to a New PM account, or an existing account, here's some Helpful tips:

During Porting, Most times Landline #'s can be ported, THOUGH SOME MIGHT NOT Qualify.

Also, During Porting of Landline, Process WILL TAKE Longer than expected timeframe. Takes 48 HRS, UP TO A STANDARD WEEK. If NO PROGRESS, EMAIL PM, and PM will Investigate further

ALSO, During Porting of Landline, This is the Weird thing:

OUTGOING CALLS ARE MADE VIA CELLPHONE HANDSET

INCOMING IS FROM LANDLINE

ANY IMPORTANT CALL'S, MAKE PLANS ACCORDINGLY TO AVOID AWKWARD APPROACH

ql201410

May i transfer a number which is in Fido prepay? if can, I want to know whether it can transfer the balance to public moblie.   thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.