cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

@GDrooz wrote:

Hi there,

i am trying to port from koodo to PM, how did you get in touch with the Moderator?

I send private messages already to Mod_Team but no reply.

Tell me how did you do it?

Moderator wait is 48 - 72 hours.

Are you porting a Koodo prepaid to PM?

If yes, you need to wait for moderator because the Koodo prepaid and PM are sharing the same backend.  

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for replying so promply.

I guess i am too impatient, No i am not porting a prepaid number but rather a plan number.

Cheers

Mayor / Maire

@GDrooz wrote:

Thanks for replying so promply.

I guess i am too impatient, No i am not porting a prepaid number but rather a plan number.

Cheers

@GDrooz I'm assuming by "plan number" you mean your account at Koodo is post-paid rather than pre-paid.  If that's the case, you can do the port yourself, from your self-serve account.  Look for the change number feature, and the first thing it will ask is if you want a new number or want to transfer one from another provider.  Choose the latter.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
GBS

How long to Port from Bell Mobility?

Mayor / Maire

@GBS, A port from Bell Mobility should be a couple of hours (max) if everything was properly entered.

Mayor / Maire

@abTest wrote:

@GBS, A port from Bell Mobility should be a couple of hours (max) if everything was properly entered.

@abTest not necessarily.  In theory yes, but... Bell often wait to approve the port request until they've had a chance to call and talk to the subscriber and try to convince them to stay.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren don't the rules require them to release the number if all of the required information (name, account number,  etc) are provided?   What if port request is done at 11pm on Dec. 24, and they ( Bell) would only be able to contact customer two days later?  Can they block the port that long?  

Mayor / Maire

@abTest wrote:

@srlawren don't the rules require them to release the number if all of the requiremed information (name, account number,  etc) are provided?   What if port request is done at 11pm on Dec. 24, and they ( Bell) would only be able to contact customer two days later?  Can they block the port that long?  

@abTest great questions.... I'm not totally sure about all that, just going by what I've seen in the community previously.  I doubt they can delay it indefinitely, but long enough to try to reach out.  Hopefully someone else can shed more clarity here.

Good Afternoon,    I completed a port from Bell today, but have been unable to send or receive text messages, as well, unable to receive phone calls.  Phone calls are still seem to be routed through the bell account.  I have contacted bell and they stated that the number is still active with them.  How long is the timeframe for this to be figured out?

Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

I would send a private message to @Moderator_Team as soon as possible. Looks like you might have a failed port.