Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

@SkimGuy wrote:

Thanks... Just an update, The PM sim is now showing my Speakout number, I can send and receive texts from my speakout number, but I cannot receive phone calls. I can call others and listen to them, but not receive (it goes straight to voicemail). Is this usual behaviour or should I just wait a bit?

As @popping mentioned that is the first part of the porting process. use the SpeakOut SIM until it stops working. If you are using the Public Mobile SIM, reboot your phone occasionally.

Since it's a cell to cell port I would say contact the moderators if it hasn't sorted itself out after 4hours. Moderator reply time can be up to 48 hours.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SkimGuy wrote:

Thanks... Just an update, The PM sim is now showing my Speakout number, I can send and receive texts from my speakout number, but I cannot receive phone calls. I can call others and listen to them, but not receive (it goes straight to voicemail). Is this usual behaviour or should I just wait a bit?

PM have done the first part of the pooring process.  You are waiting Speakout to release your number to PM.  It will take a few hours to couple of days.  At the mean time, your can continue to use your SO SIM card until it is dead.  Then, start using your PM SIM.

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SkimGuy wrote:

Hi, I activated an account a couple of days ago and was looking to port in my number from Speakout. I was just wondering if anyone has done so recently and if so, what was the required information?

From what I read:

1. Account number: Should just be your speakout phone number?

2. Pin: I will have to call for this

3. IMEI: Is this your current IMEI of the phone you're using, or the IMEI registered to your speakout account at the time of purchase? I changed phones since then so they wouldn't match, and I don't know the registered IMEI on speakout so I'd have to call for that as well.

Just wanted to be prepared before I gave them a call. Any help would be appreciated and hope it can help out anyone else who is looking to port from Speakout! Looking forward to using the new service!

I'm sure I've posted this in this thread before as well...

a) SpeakOut does NOT have account numbers. While they use the phone number for internal reference, using the phone number as account number in the porting form can screw up the porting process.

b) Call SpeakOut customer service to get and confirm the information you need to put into the port request (IMEI and PIN)

c) Make sure that your SpeakOut account is active and still has some funds in it when you are placing your port request. To play it safe I wouldn't leave the port to the last day.

d) Use your SpeakOut SIM until it stops working. You should also get a text on your Public Mobile SIM when the port is successfully completed. If it's been more than 4 hours / overnight, you likely have a stuck be port and need moderator assistance.

DaveinPEC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe so,  As noted, the change may happen in two stages.  First, your phone will start placing calls from the new number but no one may be able to call you on that number.  Then, the old line will be deactivated and incoming calls will be completed.

Rex1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In about 30 minutes after you receive that message restart your phone and everything should be done. Test to confirm

SkimGuy

I followed your steps and it says Phone number change successful. I guess I will get a text saying once it is completed?

Rex1983

The only information you will need if your number is eligible is account number, a different number should the request not go though and they need to speak to you, and the name on that account. Pretty simple once you follow the steps

@SkimGuy wrote:

Hi, I activated an account a couple of days ago and was looking to port in my number from Speakout. I was just wondering if anyone has done so recently and if so, what was the required information?

From what I read:

3. IMEI: Is this your current IMEI of the phone you're using, or the IMEI registered to your speakout account at the time of purchase? I changed phones since then so they wouldn't match, and I don't know the registered IMEI on speakout so I'd have to call for that as well.

Just wanted to be prepared before I gave them a call. Any help would be appreciated and hope it can help out anyone else who is looking to port from Speakout! Looking forward to using the new service!

@SkimGuy

Make sure not to cancel the old account.

1) Log into your self serve

2) Click Plans & Add-ons

3) Click "Change Phone Number"

4) Click "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider "

5) Enter your phone number you wish to transfer (to first make sure its elligible)

It will tell you all the information required for porting that number in and it may look like this and you may notice it says "please complete one (1) of the bolded fields, which is EITHER account number, PIN or Equipment serial number"

transfer.png

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SkimGuy

Hi...if you do a search on porting from speak out youll find the info...i remember seeing a few recent posts dealing with that...good day..

SkimGuy

From what I read:

Rex1983

Ported from SaskTel Prepaid. Worked like a charm

srlawren

@DaveinPEC yes i think the landline version of the form is less clear.  With ports from Bell, it's not uncommon for them to hold off approving the port until they have had a chance to talk to you and try to convince you to stay, unfortunately. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DaveinPEC

My number is now transferred and working.  Thanks for the advice regarding the moderator.  My problem was that the number port form is not clear.  When you make an error, the port request is denied with a list of possible errors some of which (such as the serial number on the old phone) have no field on the form.  What finally worked (last Friday) was to fill my name in as printed on the Bell bill (without the "MR") and to use my Bell PIN in the "Old Provider's Password" field.  Bell called about 2 hours later with an offer to reduce my bill for a year.  PM moved my number to the cell phone and I could call out.  Incoming calls to my home phone number rang the home phone.  There was no way anyone could call my cell.  On Monday, Bell called again to repeat their offer to reduce my bill.  I declined and the port was completed when I checked Tuesday morning.

PM could improve things by providing examples of the number port form for various providers.

Tyrantlake

Porting question?

I’m currently on my sister’s epp plan on Telus.  There are 3 lines on her account. One of them being my phone number. I signed up today and will try with a PM number for a couple of days.

Once I’m satisfied with the service how do I go on porting my number from my sister’s corporate account?

Do I list her name and account number and my phone number on the porting info?

Anyone with experience with this in the past? Don’t want to lose my number.

thanks for reading

dwr1970

I thought this process was gonna painful, but the whole process from unlocking my phone to porting the number from Roger's and finally signing up took little effort and time, best move I ever made I moved 3 lines from Roger's in under an hour 

@pita_network, did you ask to port when you signed up and it's failed, or have you not attempted yet?

If you haven't attempted to port yet, go into My Account, and look for the Change Number option.  That will allow you to port your old number.

If the port failed, sending a private message to the Moderator_Team (yes, they're employees of Public Mobile), with your account number, phone number and PIN describing your issue will get you on the right path.

@pita_network, I'm editing this post as I've just seen your other thread.  IF YOU ARE coming from Koodo Prepaid,, you MUST send the info to the Moderator_Team via private message, as described above.

pita_network

Where do I port my # over? Im currently paying for 2 phone plans because I cant find the port over page.

I may have to call credit card company to dispute these charges and not letting me port.

Do Moderators work for Pubil mobile? or am I handing all my info to a stanger? 

@DaveinPEC

You might want to start your own thread.  

You probably need to contact moderator for incomplete port.  Expect 2-3 day wait time.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Include also your Bell account number and account holder name.  

DaveinPEC

When I submit the change my number form to transfer my Bell landline number to PM, I receive the following message.  Since the form does not provide fields for "Account Number", "Equipment Serial Number"  or "Security PIN", I'm not sure how I can correct the error.

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

• Please review and correct your entries, and click “Submit”

dwil

Even though you see a "success" that only means PMobile has accepted the port-in. It doesn't mean the old company has released your number. If you're moving from another cell provider you might have an unpaid bill which they will require be paid. Most cell port-ins will be done in minutes.

If you are porting in a land line these changes can take days. Check for an outstanding bill with them, and do a search on their website for "port out."

If these don't work look for a "Chat" link on the old company's site. They can tell you what you need to do to say goodbye. Or you can call their your-call-is-important-to-us number and wait while they pretend you still matter to them.

@Batman12, unfortunately, you wait for them to respond further.  I assume you've updated them with the latest information that you've created the new number, and advised them you're awaiting further update.

Batman12

I have a big issue here. I moving from Koodo. During registration I was instructed to create a new number and PM Moderator_Team. I sent 3 messages since Tuesday. Today is Thursday I am not receiving any responses, no one is acknowledging my messages and I still do not have my number ported. How do it get this solved. 

srlawren

@pc5354 as @computergeek541 mentioned, you have a failed port.  You will need to contact the moderator team via private messaging in the community.  Here's where you can find all the details for doing so:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@pc5354 wrote:

I got the phone like last week with new number.

Everything work.

Two days ago, i ported my old phone number to Public Mobile.

Online said,"Ported successfully."

My phone still say Public mobile, but I can't call/recevie or data.

Data keep connect and disconnecting.

I tried insert my sim into another unlock phone.

I tried (triple check) the APN stuffs.

I tried reboot the phone, waited 5 mins, manual entered, etc........

I also contact the admin with a private message (almost 48 hours still no reply)

I don't know what to do from here now.

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Thank you.

APN settings have no effect on porting a number over, although they do need to be correct to use your data services.

The online website for Public Mobile, whether it's at the time of activation or through the self-serve system, does not give any inidication of porting status or sucess.  "Successful" only means that Public Mobile has received your request.  It does not mean that you number has been ported over. The self serve system gives a successful message even before the other carrier even replies to the request, and even if the request fails.

Saying that, your outgoing calls and data services should have kept working.  And since things were working before you requetsed the number, we already know that your phone is both compatible and that your APN settings are already set correctly.

Since you can't even make outgoing calls now, something seriously went wrong with your phone number change reqest.  You will need to get a moderator to help you.

In the meanwhile, try using your sim card from your old carrier and call that phone number.  Your calls should (and hopefully) will still be going there until Public Mobile can fix things up for you.

pc5354

I got the phone like last week with new number.

Everything work.

Two days ago, i ported my old phone number to Public Mobile.

Online said,"Ported successfully."

My phone still say Public mobile, but I can't call/recevie or data.

Data keep connect and disconnecting.

I tried insert my sim into another unlock phone.

I tried (triple check) the APN stuffs.

I tried reboot the phone, waited 5 mins, manual entered, etc........

I also contact the admin with a private message (almost 48 hours still no reply)

I don't know what to do from here now.

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Thank you.

Bailey12

I switched from Telus to Public Mobile. I went into Walmart and they sent me up. It took about 10 minutes to set me up and port my number. My phone and data worked right away. The whole process went very smoothly and best of all I’m now saving money on my cell plan. 

heather1123

TY

@heather1123

For incomplete ports, you will need to contact moderator.  You will likely need to wait 1-2 days for response though.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Also include your Chatr information such as account number, PIN, etc.  

heather1123

I ported 3 numbers to Public yesterday at Walmart. The 2 from Koodo went straight through.  Mine, from Chatr is still not done. I have No Service.  Can this be checked into?

Need Help? Let's chat.