cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

@Moid_I,

Can you please help @kones with the porting.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried to port a number from PC mobile and not port. What do I do?
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I tried to transfer my wind mobile phone number I was at the page where it's asking account number and I filled out everything then pressed continue its says unable to do right now please go to the public mobile community so what is the solution here
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought this would be a great question for me to answer! 

Just like you, I've switched from WIND in the past three weeks. I'm loving Public Mobile!

Is your account paid up to date with Wind? That's one thing that could cause a problem.

Or I would simply try to port the number again if you're waiting to activate your new SIM card.

Another thing to try would be to activate the SIM card with a new number. You can always go into your account settings and port your exsiting number afterwards.

I never had problems with porting my number from WIND. It took under five minutes to be complete.

Give those solutions a try, and come back if you need more advice Smiley Happy!

- Tyler J.

One more question about Porting a phone # from another provider, there is a 'PIN:' field in the porting screen of Self-Serve. I am assuming this is the PIN number for my Bell voicemail?

I will be porting from Bell, and other than voicemail I don't have any other PIN# attached to my account.

Should the Voicemail PIN be enetered in this field, or better to leave blank?

Oracle

@AndroidDav3 That's it; voicemail PIN. To be safe make a note of your Bell account number in case porting hangs up and you can send it to PM. If you are moving a landline it can take several days, not hours. Your Bell SIM will function until the port is complete; don't close your Bell account, it will cancel after the port.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

its nice service and it save lots of money too

Oracle

@bkamali Suggest you copy, then delete this post, then repost under a brand new topic. You will get better support from us that way.

In the meantime, check the following and add the results to your new post:

- are you creating a brand new acount for your wife or adding her SIM to your account?

- are you transfering your ACANAC number to an existing account?

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile and transferred my mobile number from my other carrier. Process took not even a half an hour. Super fast and easy!